Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,882   Online: 925

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I'll help support and buy a few rolls. What can I expect as concerns it's abilities?
    Extended red sensitivity. With a #25 red filter I can get nice dark skies with puffy white clouds. I also love it for highlights on old, rusty steel in sunshine, or "popping" wood grain, especially on old, weathered wood.

Not enough IR sensitivity to really turn foliage white, but dark skies and dark water are easy. I usually shoot it at 100 before taking the filter factor into account.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Magnifique!My last 11 rolls can breathe a little easier now.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN View Post
    Any news on when the SFX filter will become available again?
    I answered my own question by finding this announcement on Ilford's web site:

We are pleased to announce that the product will be relaunched Worldwide during March 2007 in 135 - 36 exp cassettes and in the 120 format, in addition a special pack containing 3 x ILFORD SFX 200 135 - 36 and a COKIN "P" SFX filter will be made available. ILFORD SFX 200 will become a ‘MOD’ MANUFACTURE ON DEMAND item, where the film is manufactured on an approximately annual basis to ensure the highest quality of manufacture.
    I'm smiling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definately gonna pick up half a dozen rolls to give it a go - if I like it more purchases will follow. The special pack sounds like a very smart idea too.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Extended red sensitivity. With a #25 red filter I can get nice dark skies with puffy white clouds. I also love it for highlights on old, rusty steel in sunshine, or "popping" wood grain, especially on old, weathered wood.

Not enough IR sensitivity to really turn foliage white, but dark skies and dark water are easy. I usually shoot it at 100 before taking the filter factor into account.
    Sounds good; What happens without the filter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Sounds good; What happens without the filter?
    Without a filter it's a fairly regular B&W, with grain somewhere between FP4 and HP5, as you might expect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Magnifique!My last 11 rolls can breathe a little easier now.
    Same here! I was saving my eleven rolls for this summer...

Thank you Simon, and Ilford / Harman.
    Last edited by Sanjay Sen; 01-26-2007 at 10:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Addition

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Simon - any chance of seeing it in 4x5 sheet film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Simon - any chance of seeing it in 4x5 sheet film?
    This has already been covered in another thread. Here is a quote from Simon regarding the re-introduction of SFX:

Sorry mate...not 5x4

Simon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good news! Is there any way the SFX P filter can be used with a Hasselblad bay 60 mount?

Or is the filter available in a 100 x 100mm size to fit the Hasselblad ProShade?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin