Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,901   Posts: 1,555,803   Online: 802

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your maths is now faultless, however it does rather assume that Ilford set their EI according to the Sunny-16 rule. This is unlikely, although they do say that the 200ASA is an EI rating, derived not from standard ISO practice but from "practical evaluation".

In practice, in the UK, it's more of a Sunny-11 rule... I think I mentioned that I have rated it as EI 6 to EI 12 in the past with good results, which is still up to a stop slower than Ilford's suggestion, but then these things are always subject to developer used, how much you want to compensate for potentially poor metering skills by protecting the shadows (not by me of course ...) and personal preference.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Apologies if I've missed it among the many posts in this thread; but when/where will this be available in the US?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's available now, Freestyle and Calumet show it on their web sites, but it's been going in and out of stock, so I understand. I special-ordered some from my local shop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle has it in stock in 35mm, but sold out in 120. There are probably others. B&H doesn't seem to have it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It's backorded in 120 but in stock at most Ilford stores in 35mm and the 3 roll with filter promo packs.

I have both in stock and am waiting for the next shipment of 120.

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought one entirely by accident (I thought it was a "regular" BW film). Now I have to get some Infrared filter for my 3.5T to shoot it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An infrared filter is not a requirement, it all depends on how much infrared effect (light foliage, dark to black sky) you want.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The store I work at in BC Canada has 35mm in stock. We have ordered the 120 and are waiting for it to arrive.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Got SFX 200 at Henry's today

Henry's finally got some Ilford SFX 200 in stock so I bought some after getting enthused reading this forum. The attractive young lady told me they only stocked a small amount.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just a short update about the SFX 120.
    After being on backorder the SFX120 is now shipping from Wynit. I have it in stock in 120, 35mm and the 35mm promo packs.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin