Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,466   Online: 1198

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Forte closure

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be careful this reads as if it's based on one persons opinion, and knowledge.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by aldevo View Post
    http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=431015

I don't know if this went to press before or after the most recent article that described the proposal from Bergger and FilmoTec, but the prognosis certainly is bleak.

Yes, it looks like the investors are going to sell off the land. And if they aren't - then they aren't answering the phones to deny it. Just for yucks, I tried dialing the main contact number (and, yes, I do know how to dial international numbers...) a moment before typing this (it's about 8:39 a.m. local time there) and it is indeed disconnected.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In case anybody has any doubts, you can attempt to reach Forte using the contact information available at:

http://www.fortefoto.hu/Changes.html

You will note that the three names under sales are exactly the three names undersigning the email posted by uraniumnitrate.

So if anybody with a command of "Magyar" wants to make a go of it...
    Well guys, the thought is good but those guys on that page are not the cause of this. You may write your thoughts from worldwide but probably it’s never gonna hit the investors PC.

The situation is this! The investors brought this and if you do by a company at least you are there and spend some time to learn the process and think about how to do it better or solve problems in order to see your investment grow but, this guys hardly ever been at the plant at all.

Now I were looking hard to find an e-mail address to those and I were thinking to put it out for you to express your feelings directly to those but even and no matter how hard I tried couldn’t get anything not even what their investment group name is. This is a very sophisticated secret group of people as it seems so because there is isn’t anything published about them! Except the Forteinvest RT which of course hasn’t got any connection to their original investment group. I have even asked some friends at forte and find out that they hardly ever meet these guys at all. That means no address no phone numbers or e-mail address.

Perhaps just one and that is Bela Kummer the general managers of the plant but he’s name is not on that page and he won’t say anything. At least that is what I believe!

If I find out something you be the first one to know so you can start to jam their PC’s! :-)

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    On Photo Net, one person who has left APUG is claiming that Sean closed this thread. So, what are we all doing here?

PE
    There was another thread on this topic that was closed, but it was closed by David A. Goldfarb, not by Sean.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by uraniumnitrate View Post
    Well guys, the thought is good but those guys on that page are not the cause of this. You may write your thoughts from worldwide but probably it’s never gonna hit the investors PC.

The situation is this! The investors brought this and if you do by a company at least you are there and spend some time to learn the process and think about how to do it better or solve problems in order to see your investment grow but, this guys hardly ever been at the plant at all.

Now I were looking hard to find an e-mail address to those and I were thinking to put it out for you to express your feelings directly to those but even and no matter how hard I tried couldn’t get anything not even what their investment group name is. This is a very sophisticated secret group of people as it seems so because there is isn’t anything published about them! Except the Forteinvest RT which of course hasn’t got any connection to their original investment group. I have even asked some friends at forte and find out that they hardly ever meet these guys at all. That means no address no phone numbers or e-mail address.

Perhaps just one and that is Bela Kummer the general managers of the plant but he’s name is not on that page and he won’t say anything. At least that is what I believe!

If I find out something you be the first one to know so you can start to jam their PC’s! :-)
    Uraniummate,

I'm not blaming any of these three folks or anybody who actually works for Forte Vác itself. Rather, it appears that the operation it shut down and these three senior people in the organization have given up hope of resuming operations..

Forte's headquarters are not in Vác where the plant is located. I do not doubt that the investors who own the company have little contact with the group that runs the operation. It's just a guess, but I suspect the blame lies with the private investors of Forteinvest Tőkebefektető Kft in Csurgó. If they have made up their mind to sell off the land to redevelop it, I doubt FilmoTec, or anybody else, can put together an offer that will change their mind. Real estate can offer a large and quick return.

It looks bad for what we would call Forte Vác. Maybe the best hope here is that somebody (Kentmere?) purchases the assets of the film and/or paper production and attempts to restart these operations at their existing facility.

But, as we know from posts from Photo Engineer and others, there are more challenges here than simply securing the finance to make an offer for the formulas and equipment. I would expect that is why FilmoTec and Bergger are attempting to preserve the physical plant in Vác, rather than attempt to move production to Wolfen.
    Last edited by aldevo; 01-30-2007 at 08:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Uraniummate,

I'm not blaming any of these three folks or anybody who actually works for Forte Vác itself. Rather, it appears that the operation it shut down and these three senior people in the organization have given up hope of resuming operations..

Forte's headquarters are not in Vác where the plant is located. I do not doubt that the investors who own the company have little contact with the group that runs the operation. It's just a guess, but I suspect the blame lies with the private investors of Forteinvest Tőkebefektető Kft in Csurgó. If they have made up their mind to sell off the land to redevelop it, I doubt FilmoTec, or anybody else, can put together an offer that will change their mind. Real estate can offer a large and quick return.

It looks bad for what we would call Forte Vác. Maybe the best hope here is that somebody (Kentmere?) purchases the assets of the film and/or paper production and attempts to restart these operations at their existing facility.

But, as we know from posts from Photo Engineer and others, there are more challenges here than simply securing the finance to make an offer for the formulas and equipment. I would expect that is why FilmoTec and Bergger are attempting to preserve the physical plant in Vác, rather than attempt to move production to Wolfen.
    Yes I know that but, the thing is they are my friends and they told me that the investors are not going to get it and not interested to read it either. The matter of fact they haven’t got any address to this “Csurgo Tokebefekteto KFT” either and that is not their original name it’s a cover up. You won’t find them at all I have tried but not given up yet!

Now, it shouldn’t stop you to write because you never know as they already received a lot’s of mail from you guys and that’s for sure. The best is if you guys address those letters to Bela Kummer and it doesn't matter which e-mail address you use there because they must pass it over and that is the guy who have all the contacts.

Mirko had written here in this thread and what he says there is the situation right now. You guys may have missed this.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...ailable-2.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did read Mirko's post. He did not think the latest proposal would be accepted.

If you follow this link and go to the "English Photo-Lab-Forum", Mirko posted on January 19 that he believes the decision has already been made to sell the property and that there is little hope the existing operation can be rescued.

http://www.fotoimpex.de/forumjump/

This does not mean that another operation (e.g. Kentmere) could not purchase the equipment and formulas and produce the products in another facility. But it would be difficult to do this successfully. As Mirko stated, you can't simply start to coat Forte on Foma's production lines. There are fundamental incompatabilities that would need to be overcome first.

Please let us know if you hear anything else. I will try to contact Bela Kummer soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please let us know if you hear anything else. I will try to contact Bela Kummer soon.
    Of course I do, than I’m off from this site for ever! But, to tell you the truth I’m afraid that there is isn’t anything left to inform anybody about anything any more as things are pretty much closing up to the demolition stage.

And let me tell you that I who have BSc in photographic sciences and engineering I’m pretty much aware of what is possible and not possible in the coating business. There will be no paper as Forte again ever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I apologize but I am still confused about two points from Mirko's post at:

Mirko wrote:

Point 1: Nothing has been decided by the owners of Forte yet and probably won´t be in short term
    Point 2: The situation down there is currently of a kind which does not put any pressure on the owner to make anykind of an immediate decision

[More points discussing how other proposals have failed and that it would be a miracle if the fotohuis proposal were to be successful]

But you have said they are closing up to the demolition stage? If nothing has been decided then there is no buyer (if I read Mirko correctly).

It is unusual to demolish a structure on land before that land is sold. The buyer of the land would demolish the plant....unless it is a very unusual arrangement.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    IThis does not mean that another operation (e.g. Kentmere) could not purchase the equipment and formulas and produce the products in another facility. But it would be difficult to do this successfully. As Mirko stated, you can't simply start to coat Forte on Foma's production lines. There are fundamental incompatabilities that would need to be overcome first.
    We've already seen one-less-than-successful example in recent years of trying to make a particular paper in a different plant. For Kodak's last run of Azo, the grade 2 was produced at their Canadian plant. It was significantly different in tone, speed, and contrast than previous runs made in Rochester. This was within the same company, just different physical coating facilities. I think expecting Foma or Kentmere to start production right up using Forte's formulas is probably unrealistic.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I apologize but I am still confused about two points from Mirko's post at:

Mirko wrote:

Point 1: Nothing has been decided by the owners of Forte yet and probably won´t be in short term
    Point 2: The situation down there is currently of a kind which does not put any pressure on the owner to make anykind of an immediate decision

[More points discussing how other proposals have failed and that it would be a miracle if the fotohuis proposal were to be successful]

But you have said they are closing up to the demolition stage? If nothing has been decided then there is no buyer (if I read Mirko correctly).

It is unusual to demolish a structure on land before that land is sold. The buyer of the land would demolish the plant....unless it is a very unusual arrangement.
    Aldevo

The first one is to be understood that Bergger, Kentmere and the others were there and negotiated on the further production of the Forte. Than they wanted to hire the plant for a half year production or so but, there is a price tag on the whole land with the plant and than the price tag on the recipe and on the machinery. All of those people failed inclusive Mirko to come up with the money they ask for or any for them investor’s acceptable solution. They weren’t interested. Right now no one knows what’s going on any longer except the investors group themselves and they say nothing any longer.

The second to be understood that they get more money out if they develop the land so they don’t feel any pressure at all! It doesn’t cost them anything any longer as the plant stopped to produce and it’s closed down and the people are already unemployed except a couple of those who going to clean up! The factory had its own shop in Budapest they call it showroom and that one is closed too. You see, there is no pressure at all as it's doesn't costing them any money at all any longer. I could say they even make more money out of it as estate and landprices rising rapidly in Hungary.

If nobody pays than they won’t sell! And no one come up with the money yet and I don’t think anyone going to do that either as it’s not cheap! And one more last little thing. All of this poeple lived and nourished from Forte they haven't got that money which is required to invest or buy. It would be Kentmeres rich uncles so far. The question here is how intrested they are?

That’s what I called for the demolition stage. There aren’t any bulldozers outside and waiting but, will be soon.

Of course if I hear something you will know it too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin