Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,759   Online: 975

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    there is mentioned a 15% drop in sales of film. Why is that?. How is Ilford doing in comparison? If The Kodak CEO talks bad about film, which he did, how can he expect people to keep supporting kodak? I mean why start using kodak films if they are to be discontinued in a couple of months? I think thats the reason why its 15% and not only 5%. When you look at the prizes Ilford films are cheaper than Kodak so................. :rolleyes:
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no opinion about this rumour, other than to that if Kodak were to sell off it's film division, wouldn't that be cause for celebration?

Think about it. Wouldn't a new owner with fresh capital at risk in the success of the operation be a demonstration of greater stake and commitment than a current owner that sees a shrinking market and that has realized full depreciation on the assets?

The implied sword of Damocles over Kodak's film division...that it could simply be closed, the equipment sold for scrap and the real-estate put on the auction block...that would go away.

I'm not sure this is a doom and gloom rumour at all. More like pie in the sky, if you ask me.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Not to mention the ones that think they can run a multi-national better than everyone else.
    Not everyone else. Just Carp, Fisher and Perez.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doom & Gloom Forum material methinks.

There is nothng in that report that is new re' Kodak's intentions for its film unit. "If it does not make a profit, we will do something about it" is hardly earth shattering information. What company would continue to support a loss making unit for long?

This silliness is getting really, really boring.

Moderators: do your duty!

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the present time the film (B&W and color) and color paper units are making a healthy profit for Kodak. There is even some R&D going on, believe it or not.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    Doom & Gloom Forum material methinks.

There is nothng in that report that is new re' Kodak's intentions for its film unit. "If it does not make a profit, we will do something about it" is hardly earth shattering information. What company would continue to support a loss making unit for long?

This silliness is getting really, really boring.

Moderators: do your duty!

Bob.
    I agree with Bob.

This thread should be transported over to the D & G forum!

Now, where is that ignore button?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Maybe the film division will do better without Kodak
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Yes, Maybe the film division will do better without Kodak
    Cheers
    Søren
    Many large companies that are in trouble sell their cash cows so that they can report a good quarter for the Wall Street. It also gives them money to pour into the failing divisions!

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    there is mentioned a 15% drop in sales of film. Why is that?. How is Ilford doing in comparison? If The Kodak CEO talks bad about film, which he did, how can he expect people to keep supporting kodak? I mean why start using kodak films if they are to be discontinued in a couple of months? I think thats the reason why its 15% and not only 5%. When you look at the prizes Ilford films are cheaper than Kodak so................. :rolleyes:
    Cheers
    Søren
    Actually, the 15% decrease is lower than was expected. They expected a higher year-over-year drop and the demise of Agfa's and Konica-Minolta film operations probably helped EK.

You cannot make comparisons to Kodak and Ilford. Ilford does not really produced color products (well, apart from a C-41 B&W film). And I suspect (but do not know) that B&W may be holding up better than C-41. No doubt it's holding up better than E-6.

I doubt we'll see Kodak film discontinued in a few months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    I concur George. There are some posters who are just so predictable.

Not to mention the ones that think they can run a multi-national better than everyone else. Makes you wonder what they're doing in the middle of the dessert trying to fix their beat up old camera on a dime. Spare us the ego.

Regards, Art.
    This may be true of some, but as consumers of a product many here have very relevant observations.

I love Kodak product, but I don't believe Perez has the skills to communicate Kodak's vision properly. If he knows that Kodak will be out of the film business at some point than he should nurture that portion of the business for the betterment of his stockholders / Kodak’s share price. He seems to be doing a good job at alienating his film customer whilst he simultaneously makes the film market and Kodak's film business look unattractive to potential suitors.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin