Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,176   Online: 690

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    But the point I was making is Bergger is a marketing organization. It certainly is possible that they wouldn't be able to exactly duplicate the products made for them by Forte, but if they wish to remain in business, then they will find SOME products of similar style to replace them. They may not attempt to call them the same product names now attached to Forte provided products, but there will be SOME products. Since they are just a marketing and possibly "design" organization, I would think Bergger will still be here, regardless of Forte. There are several paper and film coating plants that I am sure would welcome Berggers business.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I certainly hope you are correct. At this point all we can do is wait and see.

And shoot film!!

Last edited by jd callow; 02-07-2007 at 05:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever View Post
    I tried to fix your link and made it worse.... sorry

Quite alright. Let me try:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle1343516.ece

Just copy and paste into your browser (link before had a space in the word "article). It normally wouldn't be a big deal reposting this, but sheesj JD, this was 10 minutes of hard work, fighting a bloody nose off with the other.

I posted a big rant against Perez on another forum when I posted this link there, but I'll forego that owing to mty hindered state and leave it to others to tear that little ink loading rat apart. . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Karl's hindered state is a gallon of hooch!

Just kidding Karl. You certainly don't deserve that.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever View Post
    Quite alright. Let me try:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle1343516.ece

Just copy and paste into your browser (link before had a space in the word "article). It normally wouldn't be a big deal reposting this, but sheesj JD, this was 10 minutes of hard work, fighting a bloody nose off with the other.

I posted a big rant against Perez on another forum when I posted this link there, but I'll forego that owing to mty hindered state and leave it to others to tear that little ink loading rat apart. . .
    Well, I guess the takeaway from the article is "Film will follow its own desitny". You and I may not care much for the man who uttered those words - but I can't argue they aren't true.

We just need to wait and see what happens. I think a sale is likely (don't ask me when or to who) but what that means for product availability is anyone's guess at this stage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My fear is if they sell then the new owners won't the money to continue r&d. It would be better if they spun it off maybe via an IPO. Although, I have no idea as to whether that would work or is even possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    My fear is if they sell then the new owners won't the money to continue r&d. It would be better if they spun it off maybe via an IPO. Although, I have no idea as to whether that would work or is even possible.
    I don't think an IPO is feasible. It's a dwindling market (hopefully it can reach a bottom soon) and that's generally not good IPO material. Maybe there are exceptions...but I can't think of any in the last couple years.

But I think a private equity buyout is possible. Whether the buyer will consider still pictorial film useful to their operation is the question. We all know that cinematic film is holding up better than the still picture stuff.

R&D? Not sure I want any! After all the time I spend learning a product, the LAST thing I want are changes.

I'd be perfectly happy if a buyer did nothing more than preserve the existing catalog and offer a bit of support.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No hints at the sale, in fact its demise would be the business choice of Perez, cut the competition from the start.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin