Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,024   Online: 684

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Kodak Chemistry...still plentiful? Seems so.

I guess you all know that Kodak sold its photo chemical manufacturing facilities some time back. It was said that all current Kodak photo chemicals would still be available thru Kodak, just as before. (I guess they signed a contract to have them made by the new owner under the Kodak brand). So far I have not experienced any "glitch" in availability.

There was also mention (by the new purchaser) that some chemicals that Kodak had discontinued might be available again. Any word on this from anyone?

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, hopefully then they will bring back their PolyToner.

Pat

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    I guess you all know that Kodak sold its photo chemical manufacturing facilities some time back. It was said that all current Kodak photo chemicals would still be available thru Kodak, just as before. (I guess they signed a contract to have them made by the new owner under the Kodak brand). So far I have not experienced any "glitch" in availability.

There was also mention (by the new purchaser) that some chemicals that Kodak had discontinued might be available again. Any word on this from anyone?
    A canadian chemicals company will produce Kodak products. I do not remerber the name of the company.

Hop we will get large selection.

I don't know if this was a hickup caused by a temporary interuption, but I had trouble getting some 10L kits of RA-RT developer/replenisher recently. I didn't know Kodak had sold their chemical division to another Canadian company. They must have a thing for Candian companies, selling both their X-ray and chemical divisions to them. Hopefully these subcontractors will carry on the same fine job as that which was carried out in-house by EK.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't what the deal is, but there's "Kodak Japan", that has been selling the regular Kodak products in Japan, and it seems pretty stable. I can still get all kinds of Kodak photo chemicals. As long as they don't cut the current disctibution line, I'll be okay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We don't need any more HC110tion.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin