Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,898   Online: 1140

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. You guys sure are a bitter bunch. Especially when it comes to the French, it seems. When will you stop badmouthing companies for not speaking here in person and instead INVITE these fine people to come up here?

Everyone complains about the absence of Kodak, Fuji, Forte, Bergger, whatnot, spokespersons on this forums, but nobody has ever sent a letter of invitation or pressed Sean to strike an offer of partnership. Ilford is here because they sponsor this forum. They're looking after their money, in a good way.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From my understanding Bergger does not just rebadge Forte paper but has Forte custom make paper using Bergger's formula and specifications.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser View Post
    From my understanding Bergger does not just rebadge Forte paper but has Forte custom make paper using Bergger's formula and specifications.
    I don't know the facts. Even if this is so, based on what I've learned on APUG from PE, I'd have no confidence that those recipes could be taken to another coating plant and the results would be the same.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was also given the impression that bergger was having forte do film and paper to their formulas. The bergger vc warmtone paper has been my favorite for a while, and I hope they work out their future sourcing problems. I'm glad they are working on keeping their product available, and would rather they do that than follow this list.
    Jamie
    www.jamieyoungphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    Wow. You guys sure are a bitter bunch. Especially when it comes to the French, it seems. When will you stop badmouthing companies for not speaking here in person and instead INVITE these fine people to come up here?

Everyone complains about the absence of Kodak, Fuji, Forte, Bergger, whatnot, spokespersons on this forums, but nobody has ever sent a letter of invitation or pressed Sean to strike an offer of partnership. Ilford is here because they sponsor this forum. They're looking after their money, in a good way.

Not against the French at least it wasn't my intention as I have very good friends who is French but against people who don’t know when it’s time to tell the truth. And if you had fallowed other threads you might find that we were ruff on others too like Maco for example even Ilford who has nothing to do with this at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser View Post
    That is not so!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE probably has Bsc in applied chemistry if not more, but reading he’s lines I do know who he is. I have high education too to understand some.

Bergger is not that big so they can hold a continuity with there recipe at Forte’s plant. Therefore it would be very difficult to stop and restart manufacturing! I remember the time when Forte stopped production two or some years ago it was very difficult to come back again and not to talk about the losses which aspired.

As I stated here before I know a lot’s of people at Forte. I have selling not repacked but with an agreement with Forte a film called Europan in LF and ULF sizes do to the situation that all those films had been re imported from the US back to Europe and because of this new situation of X-rays on airports, with shipping and post services which damage the film. . (Not with stuff you have on the plane but stuff in cargo)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Either people will be happy with the "new" product or they won't. Give the guy a break. He's managing the situation and keeping those who might be interested informed. He is not asking for your advice or input.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't it a wonder why APUG is getting a reputation as a website forum for zealots. Someone asked why more executives of other film and paper companies don't respond here. Well, you just have to read the latest posts.

I'm sure even Simon is shaking his head at some of the statements and hypotheticals being written on APUG. Armchair critics who know everything and can do everything better than those that run multi-million dollar companies. Sure and sad.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 02-06-2007 at 12:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot to say 4x5 and 8x10 is okay but there is many actors selling this size of film so all of them make money but not gettin fat!. The 11x14 cameras is not that usual out there and in that size the competition is still hard. After that the market is so narrow that no one can grow that big so they can run an entire production of coating and with own recipe it’s got to be stopped time to time. To start again it’s possible with hard work and as I sad before with lots of losses. The rest of it you probobly manage to put it together too.

I beleive that is one of the reason that no existing companies cutting film to those sizes at all time. thats why they taking orders and they cut after that or maybe a little bit more. Observe that cameras over 11x14 comes a variety of different sizes, proboly the 7x17 is the most common.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin