Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,523,008   Online: 1216

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What a bunch of sore heads

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino View Post
    What a bunch of sore heads
    It does seem to me that a small clutch of people have developed that must simply piss on everything.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You know what? It makes me mad when sad, bitter people attack companies committed to film photography.

I really don't care whether Bergger's products (or any one else's for that matter) are made by someone else. That's the way of the world and it isn't going to go away. Company A has excess capacity which they sell to company B. Anyone who has even the most basic grasp of economics understands that this is a GOOD thing not a bad thing.

We all know that the business of analogue photography is tough at the moment. So please stop beating up companies that are committed to film.

I wish Bergger the best of luck finding the alternative suppliers for their products. Of course the new products will be different from the old ones, but so what. At least they'll be film products on the market not in the history books.

And if you've got nothing positive to say then please just shut up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Leake View Post
    You know what? It makes me mad when sad, bitter people attack companies committed to film photography.

I really don't care whether Bergger's products (or any one else's for that matter) are made by someone else. That's the way of the world and it isn't going to go away. Company A has excess capacity which they sell to company B. Anyone who has even the most basic grasp of economics understands that this is a GOOD thing not a bad thing.

We all know that the business of analogue photography is tough at the moment. So please stop beating up companies that are committed to film.

I wish Bergger the best of luck finding the alternative suppliers for their products. Of course the new products will be different from the old ones, but so what. At least they'll be film products on the market not in the history books.

Gee, are we allowed to keep speaking if we have both positive and negative things to say?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I totally agree with you, Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Leake View Post

I could not have said it better. I cannot support every company or supplier that is making an effort to stay in bussiness, some times all I can offer is moral support.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The most important is to keep working with film, because we love it and that's why we are on apug
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I vote that all these odiferous industry politico hearsay threads get their own forum, next to doom and gloom, down by the soapbox. It could be called "rumors and other posturings"
    I agree or we could just redirect the posts of a select group into a thread of a similar nature. Many of these threads are fine and dandy at least should be fine and dandy.

It is impossible to imagine that any of these companies could ever appease some of these people.

It is a pretty needy group.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Another problem is if one of their spokespersons comes unsolicited, the same group of zealots will label them shills for their products. This happened when one supplier (who actually happened to be a advertiser here posted a review and people were all over the poor guy for shilling - mostly because the same group of people liked another product more - I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls his ad from the site next year). They lose either way with these people.

Worse, is that Sean loses. Something zealots never think about - only themselves.

Regards, Art.
    Good observation, Art, I've noticed that dr5's recent photos in their gallery have raised such reactions. It had to be said explicitly that they were sponsoring APUG, hence entitled to demonstrate a little their product.

Anyway, isn't this thread already stale from too much gastric fluids? We spoilt yet another potentially good announcement. Awesome.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In all fairness to the critics in the above mentioned thread, one sponsor purporting to objectively compare his product with his competitors product was problematic...and doing so via reading his competitors manual but without ever getting his hands on the product, doubly so.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin