Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,903   Online: 1170

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A) Bergger paper is absolutely not rebadged Forte. I havent tried all of each's offerings but I've compared some of the closest would-be matches and they arent even close.

B) Who the hell am I? I'm just some noname guy who emailed Bergger USA with a question. They forwarded my email to the President in France, who personally replied to me within 24 hours when I'm sure he has much better things to do. Then he replied to my reply, again promptly. Thats some obfuscation, huh?

Now I dont care if people express their opinions but they should at least try to back them up with a sliver of substance and not criticise people (who are doing work that will help us all) without any justification whatsoever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have not been exactly praised here and elsewhere for mentioning my coating blades. Is this an ad, or a mention of new technology? IDK. I am going to quit the business, sell what I have left (still at cost), never order any more and donate the drawings to the public.

Anyhow, that is what I'm thinking. Did you read that Jorge?

PE

Images
    Damnit, jim! The horse is dead. Can't you see that?

I'm with jason. How about these threads get moved way far away. I really don't think they do anyone anygood, after the first post, except give the pissers something to piss about.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    PE what the HELL are you talking about.

I have followed your coating blade stuff from the beginning and it sounds facinating. Way over my head and wallet, but facinating none the less. WHy quit now.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Another problem is if one of their spokespersons comes unsolicited, the same group of zealots will label them shills for their products. This happened when one supplier (who actually happened to be a advertiser here posted a review and people were all over the poor guy for shilling - mostly because the same group of people liked another product more - I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls his ad from the site next year). They lose either way with these people......
    Well said, Art.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    A) Bergger paper is absolutely not rebadged Forte. I havent tried all of each's offerings but I've compared some of the closest would-be matches and they arent even close.

B) Who the hell am I? I'm just some noname guy who emailed Bergger USA with a question. They forwarded my email to the President in France, who personally replied to me within 24 hours when I'm sure he has much better things to do. Then he replied to my reply, again promptly. Thats some obfuscation, huh?

Now I dont care if people express their opinions but they should at least try to back them up with a sliver of substance and not criticise people (who are doing work that will help us all) without any justification whatsoever.
    I never ever ever accused you of any obfuscation. I hope that's clear. If it was unclear, I owe you an apology.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    .......I have followed your coating blade stuff from the beginning and it sounds facinating. Way over my head and wallet, but facinating none the less. WHy quit now.
    PE, your work with the blades and emulsions is one of the highlights of this forum. Like Mark, I have been closely following your endeavors, and I'm trying to budget enough to get a blade and take your course. Keep up the great work!
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    PE what the HELL are you talking about.

I have followed your coating blade stuff from the beginning and it sounds facinating. Way over my head and wallet, but facinating none the less. WHy quit now.
    You didn't read those posts on PN?

It was said half tongue in cheek because the reaction was similar to yours.

PE

Images
    I don't read PN. What do you mean.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I never ever ever accused you of any obfuscation. I hope that's clear. If it was unclear, I owe you an apology.

No I wasnt thinking that you were accusing me, but the accusation is unjustified just the same.

I say kill this thing now. MEDIC!

Wayne

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin