Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,445   Online: 811

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Bergger's president communicate

Mr Gerard, PDG of Bergger asked me to communicate this:
    "Bonjour,
    Bergger a plusieurs lieux de production. L'un d'entre eux est effectivement la Hongrie. Les propriétaires actuels semblent privilégier un projet immobilier plutôt que la continuité de la production de l'usine. Nous nous battons avec des associés européens et des appuis politiques locaux pour que la production reprenne. En attendant nous pouvons fournir tous nos produits "catalogue" et ce pendant 6 mois, le temps de trouver une autre solution (ce qui est, en partie, fait )
    Nous avons besoin de l'appui de tous pour réussir.
    Merci de faire connaître ce qui précède.
    Cordialement
    Guy Gérard
    Président Bergger S.A.

Bergger produces in several locations. One is indeed Hungary (Forte). Actual owners seem to prefer an housing project instead of keeping on production. With several european partners and local politic support, we are fighting to relaunch production. But we have enough stock for all our brand products for 6 months. That is the time to found another solution, what is already partially done. We need support of all to succeed.

Guy Gérard,
    President of Bergger SA
    "

Thank you for reading

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wouldn't be nice if Mr. Gerard come here and communicate personally, instead using "spokesman"...

I am saying this, because Mr. Galley from Ilford/Harman put new standard when decide to personally communicate with members of APUG. This standard should be followed by others too.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by haris View Post
    Wouldn't be nice if Mr. Gerard come here and communicate personally, instead using "spokesman"...
    That would be in the French forum then, I assume?
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Actually Mt Gerard is the one who replied to my email, the gist of which I posted on the Forte Closure thread a couple days ago. I didnt know he was the president. He speaks English just fine, but I dont see any reason why he should feel obligated to post here or do anything other than keep working at his job.

Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bergger doesn't like to admit that they *BUY* Forte and put their label on it. In their terms, Bergger has Forte "producing" for them.

Bergger suggests that if Forte stops "producing" for them, they will get someone else to do it, when in fact they will *BUY* something else and either put the same label on that product or new label on that product.

If they buy and relabel something different, it will be something different. It may be better, it may be worse...but it will not be the same.

I'm no critic of having a producer OEM for a seller but I am a critic of this sort of mendacious corporate-speak.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I agree with you Wayne. It's a chance he told me to diffuse the information. And he always answer mails. But I think he must be busy a lot and it's better working on forte's issue instead of being in Apug.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    They do not buy forte's product. I don't think so. They have their own products, as you cannot find another 15 iso film. BRF 15 is the only one. So is BRF 100. So is variable NB paper. When they buy products, they just paste a label on them. Example: PMK, BerVirS, Berfix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Things like this is fun to read and just for the record Bergger not produce anything, Bergger buy things and brought all their stuff from Forte!

If it’s not thru than the other location would be Foma or Efke none of those manufacture anything and never did to Bergger. The next option would be China or meybe Kentmere or even Ilford. But not likelly!

If you just looked the products than you clearly see that is forte 100% as the technical similarity is something you can’t pass by:

Now, if Mr Guy Gerard has put up the money requires buying Forte he would have succeeded but they just wanted to rent the place which of course the owners don’t want to happen! Yes he can by it but than he need some cash.

My proposal is this if Mr Gerard, J&C and other are really interested to buy and doesn’t have enough money than they should ask us! I’m willing to buy some shares with out any hesitation!

Mind you that the situation is similar with Efke as it were with Forte and Foma has a rich cousin called Porsche, but cousins do get angry with each others sometimes!

So Mr, what ever your names are, come out of the bush and let’s talk!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's another no news is good news. We are living in a World where there aren't any real answers. At one time I thought that using Oriental was living on the edge. It wasn't Kodak or Ilford, will it work OK or will it fall apart in the tray? Then I went big and started using AZO, that didn't last long. I tried Nuance from JandC, that didn't last. Now I am trying some new papers and I suspect that they won't last either. In the end I will probably be using Ilford and using a lot less due to the cost. And I won't be alone either. It's supply and demand and the demand is way down according to the editorial in the current edition of FOCUS magazine. I think the collectors would like to see an end to traditional, Analog, photography so the prices will go up on existing prints. All the more reason to continue as long as we can and leave our descendent's something of value.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I think the collectors would like to see an end to traditional, Analog, photography so the prices will go up on existing prints. All the more reason to continue as long as we can and leave our descendent's something of value.
    And that is a five star statement in my book!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin