Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,787   Online: 821

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

An alternative to a Lowepro Roller 3.

I am looking for an alternative to a Lowepro Roller 3 that has a similar storage capacity, but cost significantly less. This is for storing and transporting a Mamiya RZ67 outfit including: Body with Prism, 3 lenses, 2 RFH, Polaroid back, Metz 45, light-meters, tripod etc.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Keith.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Keith, it may not be fashion concious but what about puting your camera bag inside a normal roller type piece of lugage. Have found Lowpro ruksack a lot cheaper than their camera ruksack and the bags are the same, it's just the liner that is differant. I would look at getting the next size up to that which fitted your camera bag so that you had room for waterproofs, flask and sarnies.
    Regards Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    Keith, it may not be fashion concious but what about puting your camera bag inside a normal roller type piece of lugage. Have found Lowpro ruksack a lot cheaper than their camera ruksack and the bags are the same, it's just the liner that is differant. I would look at getting the next size up to that which fitted your camera bag so that you had room for waterproofs, flask and sarnies.
    Regards Paul.
    I was considering buying a luggage trolley case and wondering how to line the inside for added protection? The Lowepro Roller trolley cases are fine products no doubt, but they seem to be grossly over priced.

Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Both of my roller suitcases have zippers in the lining which would make it fairly easy to insert sheets of foam. Or you could approach it the way it's done with the hard-side camera cases and use thick foam with cutouts for each camera bit.
    Another advantage of using luggage is that it doesn't scream "Expensive Stuff" to would-be thieves.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin