Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,348   Online: 864

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Ron, it's thursday, what is Kodaks announcement?

Since you indicated that the Kodak announcement today would be related to product...or at least i think you did...I have placed this post in the Product Availability forum.

So what is it? Are they bringing back Panatomic-X? (ha ha)

Inquiring minds geographically far away from Rochester need to know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perez Quote of the week. . .

"Film is going to follow its own destiny," he said. "Right now, entertainment (motion-picture) imaging is very stable, is very good for the company. ... If that goes digital, which eventually I believe it will, then we'll do something else. We will do what's better for the shareholders."
    ... and screw the individuals that have been using film their entire lives...

Excuse me I am going to the toilet to throw up, again.

and no I'm not Ron
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well after looking around the internet, it MAY be the announcement of a new line of inkjet printers with cheap inks. But this announcement was on tuesday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ron indicated that the announcment actually came several days ago and was indeed, the inkjet printers.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Wall Street Journal stated today that Kodak intends to cut an additional 3,000 jobs, bringing the total to 30,000. So much for today's "Kodak Moment"
    Last edited by jgjbowen; 02-08-2007 at 12:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wrong total

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Inkjet printers with very low cost inks. One cartridge style will fit all EK printers. Uses extremely stable pigments for archival prints. Uses top of the line color rendering software to give color that equals the best color prints.

Announcement made Tuesday. IDK why.

Friday, they promise to print the results of meetings with shareholders.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a smart move on Kodak's part. Didn't realize they were going to use pigment inks. They will turn the printer market upside down with this business model, presuming the printers are any good, which I'm sure they will be.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not expert enough to know if they will or won't but the best first step is to offer something new, different and better and I applaud that. I'd like to think that anything that's good for the health of Kodak, *could* be good for us analoggers.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Now if they could add a slot next to those card reader slots where you can feed your 35mm film in and have the machine scan it and spit out a print, that would be something.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Low cost ink would tend to mean expensive printers. The model up to now has been give away the printer and make your money on ink.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin