Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,529   Online: 1092

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    The problem with generic wrapping is that you won't be able to tell the film unless its either in its box or completely opened. For example, we will have to mark the wrappers if we place different film without boxes inside a pouch.
    It's going to be like the Efke films, in that the paper label sticking around the roll contains the brand name. So even if your film is out of the package, the seal has the name on it. When it's exposed, the closing seal also has the name.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No worries re the wrappers Simon, but is there any chance of a return of the peppermint sticky-tab? Its loss could endanger the entire future of after-dinner photography!

(Seriously though, it would be a nice touch if it could be returned.)
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds cool. Will each of Fp4, Hp5 etc have their own flavour sticky? Can I put a vouch for gooseberry flavour ; Hp5 or PAnf - :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It would be great if you could tell the film by taste and smell, but Simon unfortunately is no connoisseur when it comes to film: he likes 'em plain and untouched.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Hey Simon, smart financial move! I'm sure there'll be some crazies on here that'll lament the "end of an era", but a wrapper is a wrapper, it's what's inside that counts. If that makes you more money and costs us no more money, it's a win-win situation for all involved. Keep making good films and we'll keep buying from you, for volume commercial work too, not just a roll on the weekends :-)

Regards,

~Karl Borowski

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear all,

Well believe it or not we cannot use synthetic flavours ( because thats what they are ) do you know why not ? because Apugger Ole in Norway is allergic to them, and he came all the way from Norway for our factory tour...and he is considerably bigger than me...

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Awww, OLE! :rolleyes:

Simon, does it help that I'm bigger than Ole? (Well, rounder anyway...)

And substantially closer...!

The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree FOMA's are the clearest
    If necessary I can discuss the possibility to lower down your roll film costs by making your backing paper by Foma in Hradec Kralové.

Next week i am overthere for the Forte "problem" and some other issues according new production in the Czech Republic.

best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know it's silly, but it used to tickle me pink every time that the seals were peppermint flavoured: that's what I call attention to detail!

Fotohuis: ask them if they have any 220 finishing machines they no longer need that they can let Ilford have...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Unfortunately Foma is able to do 120 roll film confectioning only but I see no reason why there couldn't be any coorporation between the main suppliers of classical film and paper production.
    Fuji and Kodak is able to do 220 roll film production only. The main question is : For how long?
    If Ilford is able to join our efforts to do something about the situation in Vác, Hungary (Forte), there is no problem to talk with them either.
    9:00 O'clock (AM) in Hradec Kralové, Czech Republic Friday 16th February 2007, Headquarter of Foma. The tea (or Becherovka) will be ready .

Best regards,

Robert

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin