Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,780   Posts: 1,671,195   Online: 818

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear ILFORD Roll Film Users,
    (...) all the branding ( FP4+ / HP5+ / Delta 100 / Delta 400/ PAN F + / SFX 200 etc , will be removed from the wrapper and transferred to the exposed and unexposed labels
    Smart move, and thanks for informing this group in advance.

(...) To give you an example of added flexibility, it is one of the reasons why we have been able to re-introduce SFX 200 film in 120 as we can now use a generic label.
    Great way to illustrate the rationale behind this choice, Simon. Even the most sour person can't complain now It's for a good cause!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

fings aint wot they used to be

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    No worries re the wrappers Simon, but is there any chance of a return of the peppermint sticky-tab? Its loss could endanger the entire future of after-dinner photography!

(Seriously though, it would be a nice touch if it could be returned.)
    Please add my vote to the throng too!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ahh, yes, we must have that "hint of mint"!

After all, analog photography is a civilized passtime.

I can live with generic wrappers. The only Ilford film I use in 120 is HP5+, so that keeps things plenty simple for me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Generic wrappers won't be a problem for me, but the numbers just have to be darker. Please find a way to make it happen without causing the print-through problem. There has to be a way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still have a freezer full of Freestyle "

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, I had "blunderfingers"...

What I wanted to say was...

I'm on the last of my freezer full of Freestyle Arista "FP4" which has solid BLACK numbers on the wrapper. Whatever you used for our friends down in Los Angeles, why not use it again? I've never seen an "offset" problem with that film.

Reinhold

www.classicBWphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess I'm too young to have experienced mint flavored seals, but moves like this for increased efficiency can't be a bad thing for anyone involved. And when you see cases like SFX's return, it's pretty clear we're all winning.
    Ilford's been very busy as of late...It's always exciting to see a new topic from Simon in Product Availability.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    but the numbers just have to be darker. Please find a way to make it happen without causing the print-through problem. There has to be a way.
    I don't use 120 very often, but when I do and use Ilford (in my red window kit!) I invariably end up with one or two blanks where I've managed to wind past the frame number without seeing it.

My theory is that this is deliberate and there's a Cornishman employed by Ilford to come up with ideas to make people use more film! ;-))

Best wishes,
    Steve

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I take all unexposed 120 film out of boxes and carry it in my camera bags/film bag in just the wrappers. If this change means that I won't be able to tell whats HP5 and whats FP4 until I tear open the wrapper it looks like I'll be buying rather less Ilford film in future.

If you're moving to totally unprinted wrappers I could see how money can be saved. If you're printing the wrappers with "Ilford" or a colour anyway then I doubt whether the savings would be worth any meaningful share loss. If you used a totally transparent wrapper of course my problem would disappear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Henderson View Post
    I take all unexposed 120 film out of boxes and carry it in my camera bags/film bag in just the wrappers. If this change means that I won't be able to tell whats HP5 and whats FP4 until I tear open the wrapper it looks like I'll be buying rather less Ilford film in future.

If you're moving to totally unprinted wrappers I could see how money can be saved. If you're printing the wrappers with "Ilford" or a colour anyway then I doubt whether the savings would be worth any meaningful share loss. If you used a totally transparent wrapper of course my problem would disappear.
    I'll get a sharpie and mark the wrappers FP4+ with a "4" and my HP5+ with a "5" as I take them out of the boxes.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin