Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,810   Online: 1048

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Large Format
    The biggest downside I see to this is for forgetful guys like myself who put a roll of film in a folding camera (with a red window...) then sticks it on the shelf for 6+ months. Then, when I come back to it, I can't remember what film is in it. Then it is really nice for the film type to be printed on the wrapping paper, in between the frame numbers.

It would sure seem to me that there would be a way to apply inkjet technology to printing some of this on the backing paper, thus 'customizing' the generic paper to the enwrapped film...

Ed

Shooter
    35mm
    Why don't you put a note on a piece of paper of what type of film is in the camera and secure this to the camera with a rubber band? Alternatively do what I do and keep a very small booklet for each camera to record the exposures, dates and films. When you refer to that, you will see what film is in that camera. Ilford have already explained that not having to indicate the film type on the backing paper cuts costs. Your suggestion, even if viable, would inevitably increase costs as it's adding another step in the manufacturing process and removes the flexibility of only needing to stock one type of backing paper to cover every Ilford 120 rollfilm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In hardware stores there is a kind of masking tape that has a low-stick glue. It's almost like post-it notes. It's the color of normal masking tape - not the blue stuff. I stick a piece of this on my box camera and on my roll film backs with a note about film. This kind of tape does not leave glue on the camera.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well done Ilford, it was about time to do so, Agfa (APX100/400) did it for years and there was no problem confusing emulsions.
    I really do hope that Ilford will stand time and the D-storm!
    BTW, your care to inform the customer is legendary, thank you for it, Symon!

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yo Man!! your Ilford wrappers are wikkid innit!!!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    Why don't you put a note on a piece of paper of what type of film is in the camera and secure this to the camera with a rubber band?
    A soft pencil takes well on satin chrome. Or a Chinagraph (harder to clean off -- Everclear on a paper handkerchief instead of spit). Or cut/fold the box end in the accessory shoe. Works for me.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    In hardware stores there is a kind of masking tape that has a low-stick glue. It's almost like post-it notes. It's the color of normal masking tape - not the blue stuff. I stick a piece of this on my box camera and on my roll film backs with a note about film. This kind of tape does not leave glue on the camera.
    juan
    Scotch Magic tape? Very useful stuff. Translucent white that you can write on and comes off without any residue (almost always...).

Cheers, Bob.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin