Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,854   Online: 1043

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used 14 sheets of FP4+ since Simon posted, in his honor.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I would like to thank Simon for those words of encouragement. Although I've been historically using Kodak films for B&W photography, I think going forward will commit to using Ilford film since they are clearly commited to the B&W process. I definitely love their XP2 Super. I presume Delta would be a suitable replacement for T-Max?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Anthony
    Ther are some highly opinionated people who would say that Delta is superior to T-Max

Mike Sullivan
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I like Delta a lot and use 100 / 400 as my main (almost exclusive) films.

However, let's not turn the thread into a "my film's better than your film" debate (I know we're not there yet, but it's a quick trip down a slippery slope! ).

Both are manufactured to a high degree of quality and consistency, each utilises new technology in their production, and each has their own qualities and characteristics.

The best advice is probably to try a few rolls in combination with a few of your favourite devs and see how they suit you. (Sounds like a fun weekend if nothing else!)
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a shame you can't get Delta in sheet sizes any more, though you can get TMAX 100 and 400. On the other hand, Delta 3200 is available in 120 but not TMZ, so it depends what you shoot really.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin