Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,009   Online: 1080

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Yes, this is possible.

That said, a box of 100 8x10 sheets selling for $50 / box retail would take a lot of boxes to pay for the initial investment, interest and etc.

I must add that that time scale does not allow sufficient time for real world keeping exposure and processing tests, and a lot of other ancillary real-time testing. It would be going out the door with many parameters untested or partially tested.

PE
    Well, the highest quality photo papers made nowdays retail for a price closer to $100 per box of 8x10 100 sheets. (Ilford, Oriental) It is only papers and films from countries that have low labor costs that sell products in the mid $50's.

If you are just converting an existing product into a different size and packaging, little testing should be required. This seems to be the basis for much of what is being offered as new product these days from vendors other than Kodak and Ilford.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I originally typed $100, but decided to reduce it to $50 due to the fact that a new "unknown" paper would have to have some selling point. In any event, the manufacturer gets a lot less than the selling price as you know.

If you convert, there is no need for testing. This is correct. I assumed you were starting a new line of products or restarting an old line akin to the work of Mirko and M&P. Of course, I cannot comment on their schedules or work as I know nothing about it except what is posted.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If you convert, there is no need for testing. This is correct. I assumed you were starting a new line of products or restarting an old line akin to the work of Mirko and M&P. Of course, I cannot comment on their schedules or work as I know nothing about it except what is posted.

PE
    It seems to me that many of the so-called new products marketed by Roelli/Maco are in fact existing emulsions currently made by AgfaGevaert or FilmoTec, just converted and packaged in consumer sizes. This method of bringing products to market would still require $, as there would be minimum orders to meet, I'm sure.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    It seems to me that many of the so-called new products marketed by Roelli/Maco are in fact existing emulsions currently made by AgfaGevaert or FilmoTec, just converted and packaged in consumer sizes. This method of bringing products to market would still require $, as there would be minimum orders to meet, I'm sure.
    This is mostly true, though, as far as I know, the R3 film is especially made for Maco by Filmotec.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin