Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,465   Online: 1097

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forte issue?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have heard nothing. In fact Forte's closure/inactivity has been frought with rumour. I tried out some Polywarmtone Museum weight FB, nice results but I found working with it was um, fustrating compared to ilford and Zone VI products.

I am going to miss the Funky 400 ISO black and white, I actually liked the grain.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If there is enough demand our partner group will make it but somewhere there must be an economical reason to do it. However the manufacturer we are dealing with is rather flexible in his production, minimum quantity and with our partners (Moersch, Bergger a.s.o.) there is enough affection with the analog community to overcome the minimum financial resources to do it. We are not depending on shares or people who have to be paid for doing other, none effective jobs on behalf of the analog photography. If the market is more stable we do an evaluation of the photographic products needed by our Europe wide customers. Our manufacturer will take care of the other markets.

Best regards from the Netherlands where spring has begun

Fotohuis RoVo
    http://www.FotohuisRoVo.com
    http://www.FotohuisRoVo.eu
    http://www.FotohuisRoVo.nl

Robert

PS. The new PW14 paper will be also suitable for lith printing!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Problem with those types of film is curling. I tried Foma100 in 120, but big problem with curling. It's a pity, because the film is very beautiful.
    The problem was the same with Forte.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Problem with those types of film is curling.
    It depends how and how quick you're drying these films but you're right about the "problem" . The 120 roll film versions are made a different polyester PET base which gives more curl. The 35mm is certainly not any problem at all about the curl problem.
    Advanced (and more expensive) films have a non-curling layer on the back side. Then the PET layer is much more flat. Most Rollei films are equipped with this technique. The only exception are the Rollei Retro films which are based on tri-acetate (Agfa APX) layer.

Best regards,

Robert

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    That PDF is a little misleading because the discription is based on the specifications of the Forte Papers. The paper weight of Foma Variant III by example is approx. 180g/m2 and not as Forte 235g/m2? To get a clear sight on both papers it's likely the best to mention also both specifications.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin