Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,117   Online: 951

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ? Not for me ?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Meet the Artist PMA

ttp://www.pmai.org/pma07/content/asp/special_evening_artist.aspAn Evening With an Artist, Featuring Documentary Photographer Charles Moore

Friday, March 9, 7:00 p.m.
    Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel

Famed Civil Rights Photographer Charles Moore will present his lecture, "Powerful Days." Charles will show work from his 50-year career as a photojournalist including his famous work of the Civil Rights movement.

Former U.S. Senator Jake Javits credited Moore's Civil Rights photographs as "helping to spur passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964," after they were shown to Congress. This led to Charles' recognition and the First Crystal Eagle Award for Impact in Photojournalism given by the NPPA/University of Missouri Pictures of the Year in 1989.

I copied the above from the PMA website...I will be attending the above event.

Also as a former music, art appreciation, photography teacher in high school and college I find a lot of pertinent information through my membership in PIEA-Photo Imaging Education Association-yes even analog....It reminds me some what of the days back in the 70's when the big bands were begging for recognition and even employment that the efforts of groups like Jazz educators association combined with Stan Kenton's Creative Arts organization breathed new life in big band jazz and jazz forms...it became part of the curriculum in high schools and colleges nation wide...yes expect to see a growing interest in analog photography and alternative processes in the fine arts programs in high school and college campuses around the country...even though as we speak, commercial photography programs will continue to go d@#%&.

It is going to get good, really really good

Dave in Vegas

PIEA 2007
    Uniting the educators who see the extraordinary in the ordinary, the Photo Imaging Education Association (PIEA) inspires its members to become better teachers at every level of education. Together, PIEA members are building an international network of knowledge and support to create resources, solve problems, share ideas, and build stronger relationships within the photo industry. In addition to worldwide conferences, PIEA hosts its annual International Student-Teacher Photo Exhibition and Competition allowing teachers and students alike to capture and share their unique visions with others.
    Last edited by Dave Wooten; 02-23-2007 at 10:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    PMA; PHOTO MARKETING ASSOC.

much smaller than PHOTOKINA but is the largest photo show in the US. This year it is in VEGAS.

dw

www.dr5.com

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Can anyone tell me what PMA is, I have not heard of it, What's the jist of it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin