Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,304   Online: 891

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak new product announcement

In the morning paper today, there is an article describing a new Kodak analog single use camera with an 800 speed film. There is no indication that this is a 'new' film, but I suspect that it probably is.

The camera is a smaller trimmer model designed to compete with mini digital cameras.

I guess what I heard was true. Single use camera sales remains strong enough for new product development.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the announcement:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070222/20070222005183.html?.v=1

The film is Max Versatility 800. I only gave the article a quick read (consumer ISO 800 C-41 films don't really interest me, after all) but I don't think mention was made of a new film.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I was having a quick look at the single-use cameras not so long ago and noticed that the kodak models then were loaded with ISO 800 film, so there wouldn't be any need for the film to be new.

Not that I, either, am interested in high ISO colour neg film. I was just looking for another 'single-use' camera that I could reuse. I have a Rollei that I got a couple of years ago from silverprint in the UK. Silverprint sugest that you can reload it if you have a darkroom. Actually you can do it in the light. And as it is the only camera I own that has a flash, and the only one I can give to anyone to take a picture of me without having (and failing) to explain manual focusing, it is, in it's own way, a little gem.

Which reminds me that, having failed to find a Kodak, or Fuji, product that I can similarly reuse I must go order myself a couple of spare Rolleis.

Hywel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Single use cameras like this are very popular at weddings, etc. You throw one on each table and collect them at the end of the party. I'm sure other gatherings are of equal use. And then there is always the vacation goer that doesn't own a camera, or the camera breaks (is lost or stolen, etc.).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I suspect most folks are finding the end image quality from the film single-use cameras better than the digital single-use cameras for the money.

Probably a function of lattitude and image circle.

Dono, at my wedding, we put out the disposables and we didn't get anything worth bothering with. My cousins spent most of the night flashing each other in the face with them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's the product page on Kodak's site:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin