Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,545   Online: 1167

Shooter
    Medium Format

Alternative to Solaris Instamatic 126

A trusted vendor has suggested that Solaris 126 cartridges will no longer be manufactured. I hope to feed my Instamatic 500 with Adox 126 cartridges, but worry that they may be re-labelled items from the same manufacturer.

Can anyone give me insight into whether Adox 126 Kodapak-style instamatic cartridges are, in fact, Solaris products?

Regards,

Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Isn't the Adox stuff B&W?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually I looked into the Adox cartridges, and what I read suggested it was colour. So my conclusion was it was re-branded Solaris, sadly, but that's more an educated guess than anything.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format

It's colour

I can confirm it is colour, 200 ASA. It is branded "Adocolour" (or -color...don't remember). Put through an Instamatic 500 with Xenar, one gets beautiful prints...I get white borders on square prints...looks just like in my parent's old photo albums. Probably a bit odd colour rendition compared to consumer Kodak film.

I wish I could get B&W instamatic. That would be wonderful.

M

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Opps, I see that the source (Wikipedia and the Canadian vendor) say that the last run is March 2007, so production hasn't stopped, but I am being encouraged to grab it while it lasts (which is typically longer than one might think).

Shooter
    35mm
    The Adox 126 is rebadged Ferrania Solaris colour print film. Ferrania are the last manufacturer of 126 film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin