Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,473   Online: 1240

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Instant Film Medium Format Black and White

I just run out of Polaroid 664 BW MF film and they informed me that they are not bringing any more to Greece ("they are being discontinued") but can sell me six month expired packs for a discount.
    Since I need that kind of film, what other alternatives do I have? Does Fujifilm make BW instant film (their website was confusing, I couldn't find any reference to instant film) I can use in my Hasselblad Polaplus back?
    Can I find it in Europe?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just checked and Fuji does indeed produce instant BW film but they have stopped carrying it in Greece long time ago ("it was stopped being produced long time ago").
    So... what are my options?
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Polaroid still makes Type-54 and Type-55 which are 4x5 versions.

That's what I use, but of course it can't be used on your Hasselblad. I'm sure a 4x5 graflok back can be custom mounted to a Hasselblad someway, but I don't know anyone in Greece that can do that type of construction.

I, too, regret Polaroid's decision to drop 664 because I used is in a Polaroid back on my Holga.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In this day and age why can't you just order it from somewhere. Is the shipping too much?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Being in Greece is a slight problem in ordering film, especially from the US...
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Being in Greece is a slight problem in ordering film, especially from the US...
    Same here. I know man who tried to buy something from BHphotovideo (camera), from HP (laptop) and from Amazon USA (photo books) - books are not listed on Amzon UK site.... In all three cases he was told: "not selling to Bosnia and Herzegovina". No explanation why. I won't even try to buy from USA having seen his experience...

So, long live "old Europe"
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Arigram, I saw on fotoimpexes (www.fotoimpex.de) pdf German catalogue (catalogus_novus_impexi_germanus, seite (page) 21, middle row) they have Polaroid 664 in offer. Contact them to see availability, and as they (Mirko) are member of this forum, maybe they will answer to your question...
    Last edited by haris; 02-28-2007 at 06:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, Fotoimpex does have the film after checking, but I just gave them 400 euros for film,paper,chemicals and negative sleeves (can't find even good 120 sleeves here anymore), after I spent more than 1000 euros for 120 PanF+ film (which is not available in Greece) at another german store and now am really broke.
    The problem is that if you are going to order stuff, you have to make a large order otherwise the 25 euros or more of shipping is not worth it.

Anyway, this has been a useless thread, just me whining again about the situation of film in a third world country. Ignore me.
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I know what you mean, same here. Only one shop in country which had b/w films, papers and chemistry (EFKE range, and only few things) is now closed. They write "adaptation" but when they open again I am afraid they will sell sunglasses and no photo stuff...

So, me too must order everything from abroad and as you I must order enough to make transport and bank cost to look reasonable...

I can't ignore you, I can only sympathise wth you, because I know exactly how you fell. As they say "Been there, done that..."

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin