Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,351   Online: 818

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

J and C photo news

There has been a lot of talk back and forth here and on other forums relating to the long delay in the re-opening of J and C photo. Lots of what I feel is undeserved criticism has been posted directed towards what I have regarded as a reliable dealer for B&W products to many of us.

Well, here is the latest information, something I have known for quite some time, and learned quite by accident. It was something I was asked not to discuss.

John Minakais became critically ill just as he began the transfer of his facility from KC to Nevada. He is now on the road to full recovery. That is the entire story behind the delay. Everything was in place for the move as scheduled when he became suddenly ill. At that time, all plans were placed on hold until he could fully recover, and proceed with his staff to move the facility.

Seeiing all of the speculation, I took it on myself to contact him and urge him to post something regarding this, just for the sake of his business, but he was rather reluctant to do so. He finally said OK just today as he is feeling very much better and getting back on top of things.

All of the comments of phones being disconnected or lack of communication were due to the fact that he had started the move and suddenly ended up in the hospital with the business literally in the process of being split up and moved. He and his staff were unable to complete many of the pending business communications, but he is now getting things back up to speed.

So, there you have it, in full.

I say God bless him, and wish him success.

To those few of you who may have known about this, John gives his thanks for keeping his confidence. He wishes us all the best here on APUG as well as those on the other forums.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    glad to hear he is recovering.

When they are up and running I will allow my wallet and film buying needs to speak to my gratitude for their devotion to the B&W world.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Glad to hear he's on the mend, and please convey my best wishes.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks very much for the update. Best wishes to John for a swift and complete recovery and for a successful resumption of business.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Please give John my regards and wishes for a full recovery and continued success.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All my best wishes to John, having to undergo two such major events at the same time is a lot for one.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. Glad he's ok and that things are still going as planned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PE, thank you for the update.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tell John we hope he's feeling better, and best wishes with JandC...they still have my business
    James Denney

"(Insert witty/meaningful/inspirational/silly comment here)" - J. Denney

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad to hear John is doin OK. I have been doing my best to encourage people to have faith and disspell discouraging rumors. I eagerly await the re-opening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin