Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,666   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Another vote for Claire in Montreal, John. She carries eveything under the sun and has really resonable shipping fees along with very fast delivery. You won't be disapointed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perhaps not as useful to those on the west coast, however:

I recently had some dealings with Nymoc chemicals in Toronto (416 465 1929), and they were fantastic. Everything is packaged and labelled properly, and they seem to stock all things photographic. They even stock high quality brown glass bottles at good prices.

I once bought a big (25kg) bag of sodium sulfite (anh) from Signal Inc. (416-461-7196) in the east end of Toronto. I'm not sure of the current pricing, but it was dirt cheap. They only sell bulk, and I'm not sure if they will ship. Still, it's a handy source. Only problem is storing the stuff!

I dealt with JD photochem years ago, before Claire took over, and to be honest I wasn't thrilled. Hopefully things have changed with the new ownership.

One of the fellows in the darkroom gave me the idea of using one of the small pocket scales sold primarily for weighing marijuana. It was readily available at The Friendly Stranger (a paraphanalia shop on Queen St.), and seems to do the trick fine. 0.1g -> 300g, for $40. Not bad, really.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Where the 'W' is where as much as want. I moved out here 6 months ago and I am just now gearing up to start souping my own film and possibly paper. I brought a years supply of c41 dev, stabilizer hypo clear a substantial amount of b&w dev (Xtol, HC110, D76) and a enough b&w paper dev to get me started.

What I need is a source to fill-in the gaps now (c41 bleach, and fix for all processes) and replenish everything over time. Where and how are Canadian's buying their goods. Fix ix my first need and I was wondering if folks are buying liquids or dry, from retail. mail order or online and where. If retail, I’m specifically interested in Vancouver.

Thanks a boatload in advance.

jdc
    JD

I'd definitely add another recommendation for Treck-Hall, given what you're looking for. I found them fast, professional and reasonably priced. Much better than some others that have been mentioned, at least in this regard.

Regards, Derek.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Chemical swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
    Another vote for Claire in Montreal, John. She carries eveything under the sun and has really resonable shipping fees along with very fast delivery. You won't be disapointed.
    I'll third the recommendation for Claire. E-mail her, though, for her most recent price list -- the ones on the website are usually out of date. Nymoc sells a lot of what she carries, but I've found their prices to be much higher (though the convenience factor is there if you live in Toronto and can get to Queen and Broadview before 6 pm).

On the topic, is anyone in Canada (preferably in the Toronto area) interested in a chemical swap? I've got more catechol, thiocarbamide and potassium permanganate than I need, and could really use some sodium thiosulfate, sodium sulfite, and possibly some palladium-printing chemicals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin