Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,048   Online: 1047

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB Chems in Canada

Where the 'W' is where as much as want. I moved out here 6 months ago and I am just now gearing up to start souping my own film and possibly paper. I brought a years supply of c41 dev, stabilizer hypo clear a substantial amount of b&w dev (Xtol, HC110, D76) and a enough b&w paper dev to get me started.

What I need is a source to fill-in the gaps now (c41 bleach, and fix for all processes) and replenish everything over time. Where and how are Canadian's buying their goods. Fix ix my first need and I was wondering if folks are buying liquids or dry, from retail. mail order or online and where. If retail, I’m specifically interested in Vancouver.

Thanks a boatload in advance.

jdc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Contact Claire Vrana in Quebec. Here is the link to her website:

http://www.jdphotochem.com/

I am on the East coast and order all my B&W chemicals from her. Only good things to say about her. I usually email her a list with the items I want, she gets back to me with the total, I call her and pay by credit card.

Best regards,

Markus
    Last edited by Markus Albertz; 03-04-2007 at 04:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Claire I'm sure can look after you.

But for liquid C-41 if you are doing volume there must be a source suppling mini-labs in Vancouver.

Some one posted these guys last month.

http://www.phototrader.ca/index2.php?act=location

Burnby.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, have you checked Leo's Camera on Granville street? When I was there they had all sorts of stuff, including some Forte paper (snif snif), all sorts of pro color film, etc. They seem to be in the right category for your needs.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might try Treck-Hall in Vancouver - they used to supply Kodak C41 and E6 chemical, film and paper. They recently (Dec 2006) merged with a US firm heavy in digital printing so I don't know what they now stock. See the attached link or you can google Treck Hall for more recent info.

http://www.treckhall.com/page.asp?in...witchlang=true

Regards
    Gord

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Try Beau Photo in Van they are good for ordering things in if they don't have it on hand. Which they might since they have colour paper on hand. They have all the black and white chemicals on hand as does Lens and Shutter which is where I work.

Claire Vrana in Quebec
    ...so the mystery is over. Claire IS a woman.
    I buy all my chems from her...I finally got my ferric oxalate from her but haven't tested its purity yet...
    I don't recall chems at Beau for mixing your own stuff...but they do have big name stuff there...but they are into gouging...Leo's? snobs.
    Buy your owns powdered chemicals and mix from scratch. Cheaper and more fun.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have never had a problem with prices at Beau except for 669 polaroid, I usually buy my chemicals from them as they have the best prices. I find Leo's a little more expensive and don't have the selection of chemicals and papers and over priced for used equipment. Another thing you may be interested in is the camera swap in Coquitlam it's on Sunday April 15th this year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I keep coming back to this tread to say thanks, but find new posts and I'd just assume they continue. The information is great, please keep it coming...

and thanks...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vistek.ca have a fairly prominent web presence (but I haven't any direct experience with them, and I think I recall some concerns about them being inconsistent with respect to having items in stock).

http://www.vistek.ca/details/results...kroom&cat=C-41

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin