Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,458   Online: 755

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to have some new 5x7 holders, especially if they're high quality and reasonably priced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There still seem to be a large number of used 5x7 holders available, so the pricing would need to be pretty competitive. On the other hand, I'll second the suggestion for some 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 holders which almost never show up in any form.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    problem with full plate holders is deciding which camera to make holders for.
    I have a couple of folmer & schwing full plate rb cycle graphics, and when looking for holders I discovered that every manufacturer had their own size. Took a while to find the right ones.
    Jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right after posting I saw a mention that Ebony is listing a full plate camera in their catalog -see
    http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/
    I wonder if they have a source for holders for their camera?
    Jamie

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Knowing Ebony, their holders would make Toyo and Linhof-branded holders seem cheap. I would be interested to hear what they're doing as far as the film holder issue is concerned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Knowing Ebony, their holders would make Toyo and Linhof-branded holders seem cheap. I would be interested to hear what they're doing as far as the film holder issue is concerned.
    That Ebony uses holders made by Lotus. They're based on Lotus' 8x10 holder design, i.e. T dimension and lock rib location per the 8x10 standard, but length and width reduced to match the smaller film.

I'd be interested in Fotoman holders, both 5x7 and 6.5x8.5, if they were indistinguishable from Toyo in terms of build quality and tolerances, but would hope for one aspect to be different -- smell. See this thread:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...g+film+holders

I recently purchased a couple of new 4x5 Toyo holders to find out whether anything changed and it hasn't. They've been airing out (in the garage) for three months now. The stench is somewhat diminished, but has quite a way to go before it's acceptable. Despite that, I committed to participate in the Toyo 5x7 special order with hope that sufficient time would make them tolerable to my olfactory system.

If Fotoman were to manufacture 6.5x8.5 holders, I'd encourage it to pattern them after those Lotus made for the new Ebony SV Wholeplate camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interested.
    I have a great deal of difficulty in finding anything in 5x7 here in northern Ontario.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes please
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm

5x7 Film Holders

Interested in purchasing several. (something between 4 and 8)

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Strangely enough I believe i have enough 5x7" holders for the time being.

But I could use a few more 13x18cm holders - at least until Kodak decides to make the same films available in 5x7" that I can now get in 13x18cm.

But I fear it's going to be a long wait, and that the "equalisation" will be in the opposite direction.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin