Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,459   Posts: 1,597,415   Online: 998

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recently got into 5X7 and I woudl definitely be interested - 5X7 holders are particularly rare in the UK. And, while I have got myself going with some old ones, when I move onto more serious work it would be nice to have new.

So some new ones would be somethiong I would buy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be interested in 5x7 holders too - anywhere between seven to ten.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would be interested; I expressed interest in the build on the LF forum and wouldnt need holders from both sources; whichever works out...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be interested in around 8 to 10 at a reasonable price.

Shooter
    ULarge Format

New 5x7 Film Holder Viability

You might wish to first talk to the film manufacturers to get their planned commitment to the 5x7 format. The market for new holders is only as good as the availability of film. I mention this because I know somebody who only shoots 5x7 and recently has had problems finding film he is comfortable working with.

Bob

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have heard that Kodak is on the hook to the US Government to supply 5X7 film for some years into the future. I have heard this from a pretty reliable source.

Beyond that I have heard that 13 X 18 is a fairly popular format in Europe still today.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Even if Kodak quits 5x7, there are still plenty of other vendors in this format - Fuji, Foma, Ilford, Efke among others. It isn't going away as a format any time soon - if anything, it is experiencing a resurgence as more people are moving into LF, and discovering what a nice aspect ratio it has, what a nice print size it makes, and how much more portable it is than 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also am very interested in 5x7 film holders.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    OK everyone, we have made our decision... and WILL BE manufacturing the 5x7 film holders. The anticipated selling price is $50.00, though likely slightly less.

School is still out on the Whole Plate holders until we receive additional commitments. We will commence tooling the 5x7 molds shortly.

That being said, the details of the current commitments for the 5x7 film holders is not entirely clear and trackable. So to better account for this, I would ask that you email me directly, clearly stating your purchasing commitment... (paul.droluk@fotomancamera.com).

Thank you all for your input and support.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin