Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,675   Online: 1179

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images

5x7 Film Holders - Market Response Please

Before we launch into this, we would like to receive an indication of the potential market for brand new 5x7 double sided film holders. These would be in every way indistinguishable from Toyo film holders other than for three aspects...

1. They would carry the Fotoman brand name
    2. The dark slide would be stainless steel (like in a Horseman RF holder)
    3. The pricing would be more attractive

We have already commenced the tooling for 8x10 and 4x10 film holders, having satisfied ourselves that a viable market exists. Once again, these will be indistinquishable from the Toyo holders other than for the same three aspects. We believe there is a viable market for the 5x7's as well, however before making the considerable investment in tooling, we would like to have some feedback.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to have some new 5x7 film holders so i think there is a market for them.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hmmm, somebody - either here or over on LF.info was feeling the waters for real Toyo 5x7 film holders...I guess that you already saw that thread though - eh?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just a comment. I can remember about 20 years ago, you couldn't give away 5x7 holders..the only interest was in 8x10 or 4x5. We truly are living in a golden age for large format.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Hmmm, somebody - either here or over on LF.info was feeling the waters for real Toyo 5x7 film holders...I guess that you already saw that thread though - eh?
    That would be me.

Toyo still hasnt give me a firm answer on prices, delivery times or any firm commitment as of yet. I am still waiting and I have a call into the rep as of this morning, but they are out of the office until Monday.

Hope it helps.

Gary
    Last edited by coriana6jp; 03-07-2007 at 11:29 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: damn typos

Shooter
    Large Format
    The operative phrase here is “….indistinguishable from Toyo film holders….” I think there is a great market for a high quality 5x7 holder. In 4x5 abd 8x10, there is a quality difference between the Toyo holders and the Fidelity/Lisco holders currently sold. For me, the higher quality Toyo holders justify the higher price.

Toyo no longer makes a 5x7 holder. So the talk on the LFF about getting Toyo to make another batch of 5x7 holders has my serious interest. And over 40 other photographers have expressed serious interest on the LFF for a 5x7 Toyo holder as well.

But again, the operative word is “indistinguishable”, where quality is concerned.

The stainless steel slide would be a nice touch. And have you considered the very popular 7x17 holder?
    —Eric

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by resummerfield View Post
    The operative phrase here is “….indistinguishable from Toyo film holders….” I think there is a great market for a high quality 5x7 holder. In 4x5 abd 8x10, there is a quality difference between the Toyo holders and the Fidelity/Lisco holders currently sold. For me, the higher quality Toyo holders justify the higher price.

Toyo no longer makes a 5x7 holder. So the talk on the LFF about getting Toyo to make another batch of 5x7 holders has my serious interest. And over 40 other photographers have expressed serious interest on the LFF for a 5x7 Toyo holder as well.

But again, the operative word is “indistinguishable”, where quality is concerned.

The stainless steel slide would be a nice touch. And have you considered the very popular 7x17 holder?
    Yes we have considered the 7x17 as well, and would value any input in this regard also. Our initial feeling is that there is a viable (though smaller) market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be interested in somebody making 5x7 holders.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Great- and don't forget 6.5 x 8.5 as well!

I would definitely be interested, especially at a lower price point than the Toyos. I know there has also been considerable interest voiced in modern 6.5 x 8.5 film holders, both here and on LF Info. I would also be interested in film holders in that size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    always interested in 5x7 holders of good quality..though I recently found 6 new/like new for $7 each. Those days are rare, so any quality holder would be welcome.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin