Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,024   Online: 1046

Shooter
    Multi Format

Are Ilford Pan 100/400 still being produced?

These films remain available in 35mm from Freestyle, but I no longer see datasheets on the Ilford/Harman site.

A friend of mine is thinking of giving film a whirl after being exclusively digital for several years. She's very much on a budget, though, and is looking for ISO 100 and 400 films that are inexpensive and though perhaps not the absolute "state of the art" are manufactured by a maker with a reputation for good quality (Fuji, Kodak, Ilford, etc.)

I immediately thought of Ilford Pan 100 and Pan 400, but I'm hesitant to recommend them if they have been dropped.

Are they still being produced?

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using Ilford films for years but have not heard of "Pan 100" or a "Pan 400," so I'm curious about what those are. But she should definitely checkout the offerings on FreeStyle for both Ilford and other brands, some of which have reduced prices compared to Kodak, Ilford, etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ilford PAN films

Ilford sells Ilford PAN 100 and PAN 400 films for some markets only. It sells here in Slovenija, EU and it is available in 135, 120 format and in bulk.
    Othervise it is nice film, not expensive, classic emulsion and very popular for students of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, looking at Ilford's Product Availability List February 2007 these two films are no longer listed. They were listed there last year. Simon Galley will have to give us the full answer on that. However, I bet that Freestyle may have a lot in stock, and if your friend buys some in bulk, which would be the least expensive way to go, puts some in the freezer she could be set for a good while. These films aren't so different that if she then went on to FP-4 or HP-5 there would be a dramatic change visiable in her prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ILFORD Pan 35mm films are still in production

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Do they correspond to former FP4 and HP5?
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    ILFORD Pan 35mm films are still in production

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Thank you, Simon.

Would it be possible for Ilford to post the datasheets for these films on its website - if these films are intended to be available in the USA?

Most of the other datasheets may be located at:

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/...essional+Films

so that seems as good a spot for the links as any...

Thanks again!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin