Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,522,980   Online: 1179

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember the convenience of Ilford's warehouse in Markham, and the great service. If I ran out of paper in the middle of a job, I could pick up a new roll with 1/2 hour notice.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    That is the advantage of having an importer and a warehouse in Canada. The chemistry and paper has already cleared. If I order chemicals they are shipped ground. My recent solution was to order Dektol, D-76 and Kodak Fixer as I could order a box (10 units) of each. I like choice though! We at Galaxy are watching Vistek to see what they do with Ginn's.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    ....We at Galaxy are watching Vistek to see what they do with Ginn's.
    (Off topic for a sec) Did Vistek buy Ginn's ??? That'd be news to me... and say hi to Ali for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
    (Off topic for a sec) Did Vistek buy Ginn's ??? That'd be news to me... and say hi to Ali for me.
    Ginn's will operate the lab, but as of May 1st Vistek will do the equipment sales.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Ginn's will operate the lab, but as of May 1st Vistek will do the equipment sales.
    That's news to me as well! I sure hope ppl like Frank and Nick are still there.

Chris

ps. I just found apug.org and this is my first post... hi :)

Shooter
    35mm

Galaxy (Was: Ottawa)

Our Ilford order arrived, while not a huge shipment I did get in 4x5" FP-4, 8x10RC, and 11x14 RC paper. Delta 100/400, FP-4, HP-5, PanF, in both 35/120

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cellison View Post
    That's news to me as well! I sure hope ppl like Frank and Nick are still there.

Chris

ps. I just found apug.org and this is my first post... hi
    Jerome is manager, Marc is Assistant Manager of Vistek Ottawa. I understand most of the Ginn's staff was hired by Vistek. However for how long? They don't have experience with the core product lines of Vistek...

Shooter
    Large Format
    I used to work for a lab that ordered Ilford through Wynit, although based in the USA we'd order two cases of MGIV RC 25sht. packs, probably about 2000 sheets of paper every 4-6 months. We would however order quite a bit of Ilford 'Gallerie' inkjet paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to hear the good news, Darrell.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    FYI - I was just in Henry's (Kanata). It was a long time since I have seen so much black and white stuff! A full complement of film (Kodak and Ilford) in both 120 and 35mm, as well as the more common chemicals / papers. What was surprising was a batch of Kentmere RC paper, presumably resulting from the recent Ilford / Kentmere merger.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin