Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,463   Online: 1250

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    aldevo, although Fuji might be laying off tons more workers than Kodak, they don't seem to be abandoning or treating their loyal customers like Kodak. And that speaks volumes of their customer service and customer appreciation. I don't see Kodak starting up websites like choose-film.com to woo their customers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't see anyone else send out FREE FILM except KODAK.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Sean,

Where's the "I want to see Kodak go bankrupt" area of the forum? Seems that's what APUGers want. It's no wonder the Kodak management I've talked to in person has this perception of APUG. So do I.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    I don't see anyone else send out FREE FILM except KODAK.
    A US only promotion I would like to remind. For those of us in Canada and other parts of planet earth were not allowed the opportunity to participate in the promotion.

I love kodak product, D76, Hc110, Tri-x, Plus-X, Kodachrome 64, E100VS and GX film. No comment on the sales and marketing philsophy in dealing with smaller dealers, I think enough has been said.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hey Sean,

Where's the "I want to see Kodak go bankrupt" area of the forum? Seems that's what APUGers want. It's no wonder the Kodak management I've talked to in person has this perception of APUG. So do I.

Regards, Art.
    The "I want to see Kodak go bankrupt" attitude is taken from the play book pages labeled "Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory" and "Shooting Oneself in the Head".

We should definitely open a "Self Destructive" section of APUG for those people. Then we could drop them from APUG so that we can stop their damage to the film users and film industry.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These bashers Love to Hate. Like a drunk in the bar, they are loud and obnoxious while most others quietly endure. Kodak has more fans than anyone else however, there always some that cannot stand anotherís success.

These bashers should start their own little forum where they can go into convulsions with their tantrums.

Itís a shame that the rest of us have to be tortured by these Love to Hate bashers. Unfortunately, these few feed on one another and it just goes on and on. Its not constructive criticism, itís more the ranting of lunatics.

Who said ďIf you canít say something nice, shut up?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hey Sean,

Regards, Art.
    Art,
    I find the mind set of many on APUG regarding Kodak to be such hypocrisy. This same group also suffers from selective memory, ignorance and a fair lack of maturity. Agfa is gone in large part to mismanagement -- where's the anger over this? Fuji is a brutal competitor with no higher ethics than any large US corp. They get that halo because the sheep are buying the PR.

Ilford gets a halo and as far as I can tell they actually deserve it.

Kodak produces more film and a larger variety than any other manufacturer. Their product line, which was pretty damn good, has been improved. Did I mis the countless posts and threads thanking Kodak?

I don't mean to say that Kodak is perfect or that they do and say some really stupid things, but I don't see the value in the magnification. What are these folks going to do when Kodak stops producing film? I can hear them say "I told you so", when they should be saying (in a child's voice), "And I help'd!"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For those of us that still use 4x5 color transparency film in quantity, like I do, I am very grateful that Kodak still offers a variety of choices in that format. I will have shot 150 sheets of 4x5 EPP this month on a job, and I can get more overnight anytime I want it....Thank you Kodak. There are only 2 (count them) 2 manufacturers of transparency film in the whole world. Fuji and Kodak, and I gratefully use products from both companies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jd, as usual a clear perspective...always well spoken.

We need them all folks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My local camera store (the biggest in town by volume I think) has said that they will stop carrying Kodak B&W film because the minimum order is now 1000 rolls per type. They said that they have trouble selling that much film before it's out of date.

It may just be a local anomoly, but their volumes of Ilford sales are much higher than Kodaks.

They do stock a great selection of Kodak and Ilford chemistry and I can get pretty much anything I want off the shelf, including Ilfochrome chemistry. I have not heard of any minimum orders of chemistry, just film.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin