Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,210   Online: 1118

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak pulling its distributor out of Canada?

I heard this from one lab and also someone else on another forum also mentioned this. It sounds like Kodak is pulling its distributor out of Canada, at least with its professional films. Thing is I also work in a Kodak lab that sells consumer film and I haven't heard this news myself and we dont seem to be having any issues getting anything from Kodak. Can anyone fill in what really is going on here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do what you do best, braxus: Kall Kodak, and then let us know...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by braxus View Post
    I heard this from one lab and also someone else on another forum also mentioned this. It sounds like Kodak is pulling its distributor out of Canada, at least with its professional films. Thing is I also work in a Kodak lab that sells consumer film and I haven't heard this news myself and we dont seem to be having any issues getting anything from Kodak. Can anyone fill in what really is going on here?
    Why not call Kodak and ask? Or call your Kodak lab rep.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It seems everytime I ask these questions, Kodak is already closed. If I get the chance at work tomorrow I'll call. But we may not have the same distributor as other stores since we are not a pro lab. So Im not sure if I'll get a straight answer or not. There have been times I asked Kodak something- they have no idea what Im talking about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I called the one Kodak number I knew I could call and she didn't know anything about what I was talking about. As far as she knows Canada is still going for Kodak. Maybe the lady on this website I got the info from may decide to chime in here and tell us what she knows. Kodak said it could be one distributor that is doing this, but nothing they were aware of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found out from the other poster that it was the same store chain that is having a problem with its distributor. Calling another Kodak rep she said it may be the smaller distributors that are middle men getting products from Kodak that may be getting out. My lab gets it direct from Kodak. Maybe the store chain with the problem distributor should see if they too can order direct from Kodak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I heard Downtown Camera in Toronto has not been shipped Tri-x in 3 months. They have no clue why, makes you think.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    even if you call kodak they will not tell you what is going on.

when they closed down some of their SA operations i called kodak, and was moved around to 4 different people they all told me the same thing. then i was told to call someone in oregon ( PR Company ? ) and again i was told kodak had no plans then or in the foreseeable future to stop making black/white + color films, paper or chemistry.

within a month or 2 it was announced that kodak was gonna stop making paper.

everyone's a used car salesman these days.
    no one is given the actual information.

good luck!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ok what I have heard is that Kodak is pulling its Canadian distributer and that the companies in Canada would have to deal with a third party to get Kodak supplies. The company I work for got our last order from Kodak in Feb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Medusa,
    Just to let you know I asked your other employees namely Ted and Duncan about this with your store. They flat out denied anything was going on and you are still using Kodak materials. I was not impressed with their lack of honesty since I already confirmed the issue with 2 of your other stores, plus the other online poster. If your labs do drop Kodak materials, namely their papers, I will be going to a lab that still uses Kodak. Thankfully I dont have to worry about B&W printing, unless Custom Color has gone to color papers and digital printing which I wondered about from my last order done.

Again our lab has no issues getting Kodak products like film, paper, and chemicals. I dont know why your labs cannot order direct from Kodak. We do.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin