Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,120   Online: 767

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ilford SFX gel filters?

So I checked with Freestyle and they aren't carying the starter pack of SFX with the gel filter and several rolls.

So, two questions...

The filter is the same as the old SFX filter, roughly the same as a 89 Wratten, right?

And who else in the US is likely to get SFX sooner rather than later?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I ordered them the day it was announced... should be getting them in soon. I ordered the film/filter kits and just the film.

Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes it is Wratten 89b. Ilford also make the filters available separately: they are gels in a Cokin P size gel holder. Not sure if they are the same material, but the Cokin P007 is also a Wratten 89b filter (but even more expensive so it may be a solid plastic type - IDK)...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So, my problem is that a genuine Kodak gel Wratten 89 filter or the Cokin P007 is the same cost as the SFX pack with 3 rolls of 35mm film..

And I had a braino (typo for the brain... ) and ordered an 87 used from KEH but thought for some reason I was ordering an 89. The 87 won't go to waste with Efke and HIE, but it won't work with SFX....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin