Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,046   Online: 784

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by braxus View Post
    Funny as I was always wanting to try the B&W infrared from Kodak, but never got around to it. Its awfully expensive to buy. I guess a call to Kodak is in order to confirm this info, but I'll leave that up to the original poster.
    I'm not planning to, I've not used the Kodak infrared films since they're quite heavy on the pocket, I was just passing on Silverprint's news item since anyone who needs and uses it may be interested.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought the Color IR was discontinued a long time ago, anyone know where I can get a hold of a couple rolls for the time being, haven't ever seen it available before...
    EDIT: Nevermind, thanks Google.
    How had I not come across this stuff before?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was intending to buy a few rolls of EIR but the price turned me off for a long time - I'll consult my local source, see if they have any in stock. Seems like a good time to grab a half a dozen rolls to shove in the freezer before it's too late.

The allegations of Kodak-hating are getting a little silly too, there's a big difference between posting valid information like this and vowing you're switching to Fuji or Ilford products every time something happens in the industry.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why don’t take both first postings serious and either go and fill the freezer with size 135 films or lean back, knowing that at least some 5inch rolls of color stuff are around?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Must be 9,5 inch of course.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    The allegations of Kodak-hating are getting a little silly too, there's a big difference between posting valid information like this and vowing you're switching to Fuji or Ilford products every time something happens in the industry.
    Agreed. I can see no Kodak-bashing in this thread, and the knee-jerk accusations of it are getting very old.

Thanks to the OP and Silverprint for the heads-up. I'm not a big HIE user but I would miss it if it were to disappear.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That news has greatly saddened me as I am a big Kodak Hie user. I knew it would happen just not this soon. I am going to buy whatever stock my local supplier has and order a box of 20 rolls as that's all I can afford in bulk.

Has anyone tried any of the alternatives? I heard Ilford is making their version SFX again?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SFX is my favorite film, but is nowhere near as sensitive.

The Efke 820c that Freestyle just started carrying is closer when used with an 87 filter, but it has a antihalation layer. It will give black water and white leaves, but is more akin to the old Konica than the Kodak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've only ever used a couple rolls of SFX 200, but this discussion has reminded me to take another look at IR photography sometime. In Charlie Waite's book 'In my minds eye' - I recall he used the Konica product, an effect that really appealed to me, the infrared representation depicted, but not "shouting out" at the viewer.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used the Maco, Konica, Ilford, and Kodak products.

The problem with photographing with IR is that not all plants reflect IR equally. The Kodak IR will give the best response, causing evergreens and deciduous trees to appear equally. The Maco, Konica, and Ilford products will produce a variety of intensities, depending on the species being photographed.

I have one photograph which shows a variety of evergreens, with responses ranging from white to black. At the time I made the photograph, all of the trees had the same amount of green. So, your results will vary.

When Kodak discontinued 4x5 HIE, I stocked up. Time to stock up again.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin