Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,834   Online: 962

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak Infrared Film to be discontinued - May 07

From Silverprint's news section:

Silverprint News

"It had only to be a matter of time before Kodak cleared the infra-red films out of the inventory, and the cut off date for obtaining supplies is set as the end of May '07. Both black and white HIE and the false-colour Ektachrome Infra-red are to be discontinued."

Before I'm decried as a doom-and-gloom Kodak hater it goes on to mention there are plans on pricing and ordering for stockpiling, this is intended as a "last chance to buy" heads up.

Regards

David.

Apologies, this should have been posted in Product Availability, any mod want to move this?
    Last edited by dsullivan; 04-07-2007 at 07:22 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Oops

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The `Kodak Aerochrome III 1443´ and `Kodak Aerochrome III NP SO-734´ is still in offer as indicated on Kodak’s website.

There is only the discontinuity list of May o6 where the above films are not listed, which should mean they still will be available. (The latter is not on offer at the appointed German dealer though.)

The issue is if there would be enough small format byer to have a dealer cut it in those sizes.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You cannot rely on Kodak's web site for accurate information. I would trust the Silverprint statement much, much more than I would Kodak's own website.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This was information we at Silverprint were given by Photologic, who are our principle Kodak supplier. Kodak's distribution in the UK for the past few months has been through a set of newly appointed wholesalers; dealers now have no contact with Kodak directly unless they try to shout through the letterbox.

We cannot be 100% sure of this discontinuation (at one time Tri-X sheet film was announced to be dropped, but the boost in sales this produced made the planners re-consider!) but it would not be surprising at this state of the game, when digital infra-red sensing must have taken most of the industrial usage. Maybe other APUG people with Kodak contacts could delve a little?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yah, we've already established that Kodak doesn't feel the need to update their website and tell us what's been discontinued.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And the hate continues .... Seems like every week there's an APUGer posting something negative about Kodak.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 04-07-2007 at 01:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    And the hate continues .... Seems like every week there's an APUGer posting something negative about Kodak.

Regards, Art.
    Hate?

What is your problem here?

This may or may not be accurate, as Martin himself says. But it's from a good source -- unlike some. It sometimes seems that unless someone praises Kodak to the skies -- if they even ask a question -- you accuse them of 'hating Kodak'.

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funny as I was always wanting to try the B&W infrared from Kodak, but never got around to it. Its awfully expensive to buy. I guess a call to Kodak is in order to confirm this info, but I'll leave that up to the original poster.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't hate Kodak either - I've been a loyal user of their color film for over 25 years, but their website does not reflect current product availability very well and my statement simply was intended to reflect that. It is much better to call them than to use their website for that sort of information - that all I was saying.

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post

Regards, Art.
    Yes, I have a yellow pentagram marked out with Kodak film and cast spells using potions mixed from photo chemicals to bring down the downfall of Kodak.

Or perhaps we're trying to avoid the "I went to order some HIE film the other day and have been told they don't stock it anymore, anyone know what's going on?" posts.

Feel free to ignore the posts, ignore me, don't complain in six months when you go looking but find no-one stocking the products in question and can't find a suitable equivalent.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin