Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,293   Online: 966

View Poll Results: My Hoarding Policy

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hoard film.

72 63.72%
  • I hoard paper.

32 28.32%
  • I hoard chemistry.

23 20.35%
  • I may hoard someday.

34 30.09%
  • I will never join the hoarding horde.

9 7.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    As a NYC bachelor, I find it advantageous to have my freezer filled with film. That way I can show it to potential girlfriends and say, "Look. There isn't any room in there for heads or limbs. I can't possibly be a psycho killer."
    Wow! I'm surprised you haven't been "snapped up" by someone with that great line! Be careful... the next woman you date could actually marry you for your film stash!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I stockpile film since many of them are long gone. I have some rolls of:

Super 8mm Kodachrome
    APX 25 in 35mm and 120
    Agfa Ultra 50 in 120
    Agfa Ultra 100 in 35mm
    APX 400 in 120
    Agfa RSX 50 in 120 and 35mm
    Panatomic X in 35mm and 120
    Super XX in 4x5
    Kodak Pro 100 (PRN) in 120
    Ektar 25 in 120
    35mm, 120, and 4x5 Plus X
    35mm and 120 Tri-X
    120 Verichrome Pan
    120 and 35mm Fuji Fortia
    120 Konica Impressa 50
    120 Kodachrome 64
    120 Lumiere 100
    Forte 400 35mm
    Fuji Super G 35mm
    35mm Gold 100
    120 Pan F
    4x5 and 120 Efke 25
    120 Velvia 50
    120 Reala
    4x5 FP4+
    35mm FP4+ and HP5+
    120 Delta 400
    120 100UC and 400UC
    35mm and 120 of new Portras

I also used to have some rolls of Tech Pan 120, APX 100 4x5, Royal Gold 25 and 100, and Gold 100 120. Im also using the only roll of 35mm Kodachrome 25 I have as well. All of this fits nicely into a 2 foot by 1.5 foot by 1 foot box in the deep freeze.
    Last edited by braxus; 04-11-2007 at 10:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl View Post
    Wow! I'm surprised you haven't been "snapped up" by someone with that great line! Be careful... the next woman you date could actually marry you for your film stash!
    You know what they say about men with big freezers . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    braxus, is that stockpiling or just having a bunch of miscellaneous rolls of film you haven't shot?

I only stockpile film when it is going to be discontinued and there absolutely isn't an alternative. So I have 4x5 HIE and Ilford SFX in my freezer. I missed out on Techpan, so I only have 1-1/2 boxes of 4x5 TP. (Fuji Acros developed in Finedol may be an alternative, but I need to order Finedol.)

Shooter
    Medium Format

Two items

I hoard:
    ~40 rolls of Efke/Maco 127 for my Exaktas
    Stellenbosch Pinotage

Drank the second and chewing through the first at a frightening speed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Miller View Post
    braxus, is that stockpiling or just having a bunch of miscellaneous rolls of film you haven't shot?
    To be honest I sold the majority of the good films you see on my list above and kept a couple rolls left for myself. So much of the above list I only have a few rolls of at most. But some I have more. But I don't have any major number of any film (except the 100 foot rolls) since I honestly dont shoot that often. Thats why the box is the size it is instead of a whole freezer. The 4x5 boxes are taking up a lot of the room in my box. Those are still mostly full though. I forgot to mention I also have some rolls of Fuji 50D and 100D. I haven't tested those to even see if they are usable or not. Plus some rolls of 35mm Velvia (original). There is more but they are basically 1 roll stuff.

I think when I sold the majority of the good films (I got over $300 US for it all), the best I got was $20 a roll of Ektar 25 in 120. Funny thing is I thought there wasn't any left, but I wasn't thorough enough in my box and found another 3 rolls of the stuff. I decided to keep that. Someday I'll use it on something special that Ektar 25 is good for- like maybe the Grand Canyon with my 6x7.
    Last edited by braxus; 04-11-2007 at 09:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    As a NYC bachelor, I find it advantageous to have my freezer filled with film. That way I can show it to potential girlfriends and say, "Look. There isn't any room in there for heads or limbs. I can't possibly be a psycho killer."
    I keep my film together with the limbs. The heads get leaky if the power goes out and messes up the film..!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I keep my film together with the limbs. The heads get leaky if the power goes out and messes up the film..!
    You should try using some Fortia 50 or Agfa Ultra 50 on those body parts. That will really bring out the blood color in the limbs!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Had I not been an idiot, I would have hoarded all the 120 Verichrome Pan I found in London in 2002. But I'm poor, I buy it a box at a time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I decided to not hoard any photo stuff and am considering down sizing to only one or two sizes. It's a sickness to be hoarding. Keeping a fair amount of working materials is fine but to stock up just to be collecting is really not where it's at.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin