Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,479   Online: 754

View Poll Results: My Hoarding Policy

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hoard film.

72 63.72%
  • I hoard paper.

32 28.32%
  • I hoard chemistry.

23 20.35%
  • I may hoard someday.

34 30.09%
  • I will never join the hoarding horde.

9 7.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm hoarding film-holders, for example. I don't consider that GAS....could be in denial though....
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I hoarded a bunch of Rodinal before Agfa went belly up. Not one of my better investment ideas, although I did sell one bottle for $40 before it came out again. Shoulda sold it all.
    But you didn't waste your money. It is still usable, and the price probably didn't fall since you bought it.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've got a fair chunk of 4x5 in the freezer, but most of that is out of date odds and sods that I have got cheaply, rather than deliberate hoarding. I have, however, got 100 110 cartridges due to be reloaded with 16mm tri-x and plus-x. Twenty would have been enough to get over the inevitable failures when cracking them open to reload but the price for 100 was so cheap that I did the big purchase. The supply seems to have dried up now so I probably did the right thing but it still seems to be way too many.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hoard film and malt whisky, the problem with the latter is: someone keeps drinking it!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I whored Forte paper in an effort to put off the inevitable- having to learn to use (and like) a new paper.
    I may start buying film in quantity since it has become a long drive to get more...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I whorrdid techpan - bulk rolled- in 35mm- and now i'm shooting 8x10 so maybe someday i'll be 90 and can't lift the 8x10 and can still use the 35mm I horded in those early years. that's what i'm saving it for. when i'm as old as imogen cunningham was and i whorded the rodinal too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Hoarding" or buying in bulk? Well...when the discontinuation of E100G and E100VS was announced, I picked up about 700 rolls in 35mm and 120 format ("securing supplies," if you will, for a two year-plus project). Generally, though, in order to "write down" the cost per roll, I generally buy my Pan F+, FP4+, HP5+, and Tri-X in 100 roll lots (and will probably do the same in the future with Velvia and Provia). Hoarding? No...not really... lol
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't say hoard per se, but I have a few rolls of Fortia SP 50 that I bought new the last year it was available. I've been told I could sell them for good money, but I prefer to shoot it instead for special occasions.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    whorded... LOL.

"whored" ? :-P

I whored out my Tech Pan to the highest bidder...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It is not hoarding if one actually uses it...
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin