Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,924   Online: 1166

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

CPP 2 Processor availability?

Only B&H seems to have the Jobo CPP 2 processor. Calumet and Freestyle have zero inventory. B&H has the 3010 Expert Drum listed at $384.00! Calumet and Freestyle have it for about $70.00 less. Has the CPP 2 been officially discontinued?
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Actually, $275 for the 3010 from b and h website.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jobo ceased production of the processors in Oct 2006. Finding new ones in inventory is getting rare. I do not know if they are making any more drums.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The CPP2 is the only processor still listed as available on the Jobo web site.

They have said they will offer the drums for years to come.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi View Post
    The CPP2 is the only processor still listed as available on the Jobo web site.
    You are no doubt referring to the German website of Jobo AG. Jobo-USA closed their Ann Arbor, Michigan facility in 2005 and turned over US distribution of all Jobo analog products to Omega-Satter. In 2006, Omega-Satter posted the anouncement that Jobo AG was stopping processor production in Oct 2006 and would no longer take orders for any processor after July 2006. This announcement is no longer on Omega-Satter's website. The only info available is the old (2005) archived product data from Jobo USA. They list no Jobo products in their current product offerings. If B&H is obtaining new shipments of CPP-2, my guess is they are buying it in Europe themselves. I have not contacted Omega to find out if they changed their position.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I think there was a rumour that Omega Satter petitioned Jobo to continue making the CPP2... Call them if you want to know the current status. Web pages may be outdated.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a basically brand new CPP-2 for sale - posted in the Apug classifieds. Comes with a 3006 Expert Drum.

S'cuse the "advertising" - I don't mean to promote sales in public forums, just thought I'd mention it since folks appear to be interested in NIB Jobos.
    -
    Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought the last Cpp-2 that Calumet had last year. It sits mothballed as a backup. I heard that Jobo was going to sell a few more CPP-2's this year anyone confirm this?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser View Post
    I bought the last Cpp-2 that Calumet had last year. It sits mothballed as a backup. I heard that Jobo was going to sell a few more CPP-2's this year anyone confirm this?
    B&H shows it in stock now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If they show it as in stock I'd consider that accurate. Yesterday I bought their last 360 tele nikkor, and when I placed the order the in stock listing changed to out of stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin