Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,313   Online: 824

Thread: Forte/AeistaEDU

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Forte/AeistaEDU

I have been printing on Freestyle Arista EDU made in Hungary Warmtone paper and really like it. It from everything I can tell is Forte Polywarmtone only slightly cheeper. I see that Freestyle seems to be not selling the EDU made in Hungary any more and a friend said that Forte may be going under. Has anyone heard anything about that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Forte is history. There are tons of threads here about it, some a bit acrimonious, but it has been beaten pretty hard. Get what you can now if you like the paper. Sorry.

Here is the first mention that I could find: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...roduction.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The only Forte products you are going to find are products that are remaining in the pipeline. Forte products were sold under the Arista.edu (Made in Hungary) label at Freestyle. Forte products are also sold under the Bergger label, as well as the Forte label. There is still product out there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Whats a good alternative to Polywarmtone?
    Kentmere Fineprint Warmtone?

The reason I ask is I have just bought some cooltone developer, after looking at the review for it in B&W photographer from last year, I saw that compared to Ilford MG, the Forte Polywarmtone had a much stronger reaction to it and looked amazing is that because it was FB?.
    Last edited by ajuk; 05-26-2007 at 06:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    As far as I know, Bergger bought part of the coating material and transferred it in another plant (Foma? ) They assure that all products will still be available.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin