Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,924   Online: 1051

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just picked mine up today. Can't wait to give it a try.

They've got 5 more kits left if anyone needs one right now. The place I got it was Image Works in Lawrence Kansas.

I paid $42.99 plus tax. Anyone interested might consider giving them a call...
    (785) 865-0777 and ask for Gina. Really nice folks. They have a couple of bricks of 120 there that I saw too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got my first roll of SFX hanging in the bathroom drying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never used it before. How did you rate it and what did you use to process it? Are you pleased with the result?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I rated it at EI 200 using the TTL Filter for #12 and #25 filters.... which likely resulted in a certain amount of overexposure. I used an effective EI of 12 with the #89 filter.

I developed it with HC-110 Dil B as per the data sheet.

It looks good so far, but I haven't properly sorted through it. I'll post on my blog before the end of the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I emailed Freestyle, Adorama, and B&H asking if they expected to offer the SFX promo pack ("three 35mm rolls with a Cokin P size SFX filter").

Freestyle said: "We will have the film available, but not the Cokin filters. We are not a Cokin Filter Dealer."

B&H said: "Sorry, B&H has not received the NEW product your inquiring after, and its not available for sale yet. Its not even in our database, yet. The company has not provided a date of arrival. Please try again soon. Sorry, no pre-orders at this time."

Adorama hasn't replied over the past week.

Seems Harman-Ilford and their NA distributor could make use of a marketing director.

I'd almost convinced myself I didn't need any of this film, then Gene M posts some very nice pics on photo.net. I almost wish I hadn't seen them.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just called 'em up and ordered some. She said to tell you thanks, Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by jsouther View Post
    Just picked mine up today. Can't wait to give it a try.

They've got 5 more kits left if anyone needs one right now. The place I got it was Image Works in Lawrence Kansas.

I paid $42.99 plus tax. Anyone interested might consider giving them a call...
    (785) 865-0777 and ask for Gina. Really nice folks. They have a couple of bricks of 120 there that I saw too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seems Harman-Ilford and their NA distributor could make use of a marketing director
    If you look at Wynit's web site, you will see that photographic film isn't exactly a major segment of their business.
    I ran into this headlong a couple of weeks ago after ordering some Ilford 4x5 at my LCS. After it FINALLY arrived, the shop apologized and said that with their old sales rep orders would commonly arrive in a day or two, now it's a couple of days before the order even goes into the system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN View Post
    I just called 'em up and ordered some. She said to tell you thanks, Joe.

I just happened to drop by there today to get some film processed and Gina mentioned she shipped out some to you. She was pleased that her store has it before B+H!!

Glad it worked out. Image Works really goes out of their way for their customers.

Since Gina had success with getting SFX so quick, I put a bug in her ear about seeing if they could get Ilfochrome paper and chemistry... If successful, that would be spectacular!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, would you know of any reliable online shop that is willing to ship the SFX promo pack to South-East Asia?
    Tried all the big online shops like B&H, Calumet, they don't seem to carry it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suspect either a severe lack of effort to market this product, or the desire for vendors to increase their profit margin by selling the parts of the pack off individually -- That would be about $70 for the filter ($45) and three rolls of 135mm ($24), vice $45 for the promo pack.

How did I come to be so cynical and jaded?

K.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin