Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,402   Online: 1023

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford SFX Promo Pack in US

Seems no one is selling this, not online or at my "local" photo store. Had planned to buy two Promo Packs (one for me and one for #2 child) and ten 120 rolls, but now I think I'll use the money to buy Oriental Seagull papers instead.

Maybe next year, maybe not.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had to inform my local lab about it. Seems they didn't know.

Once I told them, they looked it up on the Ilford website and ordered some in through their local distributor. I was told they'd have 6 promo kits in this week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I couldn't find the page can you post the link to the promo? I am very interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The promo is mentioned on ilfordphoto.com in the info re: the SFX competition and in other product news. the following is from Shutterbug:

"Ilford SFX 200 has been reintroduced by Ilford PHOTO after an absence from the company's film catalog, and is being launched with a special value promotional pack of three rolls of 35mm ILFORD SFX 200 plus an ILFORD Cokin 'P' filter."

I was going to buy the SFX if I could get the promopacks. The cost of three $8 rolls of 35mmx36 film AND a $45 filter bought separately (twice, because I wanted to give one to my younger daughter), and ten rolls of $10 each 120 film is too much for me to bother with.

I really don't need the film, just wanted it to play with. Figured three rolls of 35mm and five rolls of 120 would last me all year (the daughter would receive half of what I bought, as I said). But I certainly need the paper that money can buy, and I don't care much for Ilford's warmtone. Hence, the Oriental.

I've bought other promos of Ilford before, from B&H and Adorama. I'm certainly surprised this one isn't available.

K.

ps - my local store seemed to know about the promo packs, just didn't have any for sale.
    Last edited by Kobin; 04-28-2007 at 11:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: afterthought

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I couldn't find the page can you post the link to the promo? I am very interested.
    Here's the link I showed my lab.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/sfx/

You can see the image of the promo pack above

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    B&H usually carries the Ilford promo packs (like the MGIV with some free rolls of HP5+). I suspect they just haven't made it into stock yet.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yah, if you look at Freestyle, it's going in and out of stock on their site. I've received just my 35mm rolls, not my 120 rolls.

I suspect that they need a little time to flow the promo packs and film through everybody's production pipeline.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    If you need a film with extended-red sensitivity like SFX, you might want to try Rollei's Infra-red film that really isn't infra-red (it's only effective up through 720 nm, so it isn't a true infra-red film). That film has been out for a while now & the supply at the moment seems to be a bit more reliable than the SFX's.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have the 120, 35mm and 3-packs on order. Wynet emailed me on Friday and said they had shipped so I expect to have stock later this week or next week.
    I haven't set the price yet... waiting to see the final costs.
    -Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the heads up, Rob. I'll be keeping watch.

K.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin