Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,032   Online: 950

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

waterproof one-use zoom

Does anyone make a waterproof one-use zoom camera? I sure cant find one.

Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't find one either, but waterproof housings are available that would do the job from as little as $29.95 on up to waaaaaaytooooooomuch!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    No, the application is too risky to equipment, I really want a one-use.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Traditionally telephoto zoom aren't used underwater due to the magnification factor of the water. Also water isn't as clear as we think it is, so a telephoto's ability to see through water is degraded by the particles suspended in the water.

Underwater photographers usually use a wide angle lens, and get very close to their subject to avoid the water's suspended particles.

Thus manufacturers don't make one use waterproof cameras.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa used to make one if I remember, made famous by that commercial, but I haven't heard of any others being available. They make cheap $20 re-usable cameras that come with water housings, no metering or flash, just a shutter that fires at a set speed. I got one for christmas. Underwater you'd basically just be guessing and hoping, which might not be an option.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I presume you are talking about something like this:

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...urce=nsa&nsa=1

This is what I've been using, but its too wide-angle. I dont need something to take pictures underwater, it just needs to be capable of withstanding pressure of surf, ie not just water resistant. It will get submerged, but I wont be shooting underwater. And I dont want to risk expensive equipment that I cant afford anyway.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you could find one of the better housings at an affordable price, (some older versions of the ewa-marine bag with the glove are sold quite cheap at auctions), use some additional padding inside, strap it to your body, would you still find yourself uncomfortabel with that situation?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Olympus made a P&S that was water resistant, I think it could stand very shallow submersion. It was the XA I think?

Shooter
    Large Format
    The XA is not water resistant.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    If you could find one of the better housings at an affordable price, (some older versions of the ewa-marine bag with the glove are sold quite cheap at auctions), use some additional padding inside, strap it to your body, would you still find yourself uncomfortabel with that situation?
    I thinking of getting a ....rather, I might be going to buy....reasons are piling up that....oh gawd

SOMEONEPLEASESHOOTMENOW!!!!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin