Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,607   Online: 1284

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ilford SFX 200 - 120 Film

Is this film available anywhere in the US? I can find only 35mm not for medium format cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle's expected delivery date keeps slipping. It's now showing two weeks off. Yesterday it showed today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My LCS (local camera shop) had an email from the distributor showing the first shipments would be this week. As of Friday they had no new information.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have stock numbers and prices for the shop at which I work; I haven't ordered any because I'm still trying to gauge demand. I know I'll probably buy at least 5 rolls, but I don't know what Wynit's minimum order size is for a company our size. :-\

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apparently it's 10 rolls, since that's what I had to order, and the shop I'm ordering through gets it from Wynit's.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @bdial, I want to say that all Ilford products are now distributed through Wynit, but I'm not sure. It could just be an east coast thing (we're in Richmond, VA.) I've talked to the ordering guy at our main store, he put an order in the other day. Hopefully I'll see some in the next two weeks or so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered some from Rob Skeoch in Canada and it's shipped already, so it should be available in the US.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This item is now on backorder from wynit. I'll repost when they ship my second order.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This probably isn't the right thread to say this but I've been waiting for the right moment and it doesn't seem to arise ;-)

I'm sure this has been said before, too...

Anyway, I believe SPX 200 was developed from a speed camera film. The idea was you put a deep red filter on the flash of the speed camera so as not to blind the drivers and then you can photograph them from the front. I ordered some Ilford special order speed camera film years ago, I think it was called SP815? This really was very similar to SFX200. I must admit I wasn't so very impressed. It really didn't seem to give the true IR effect I liked. I much prefered Konica. I found the Kodak far too grainy...

Anyway, when SFX came out I was hoping the sensitisation was going to be different, that it would go a little deeper into the IR, but I'm not sure if it was really any different :-(

So, especially now that Konica has gone, it would be great to see an SFX II which was sensitised just a little bit further into the IR.

Fantasy, probably, but if you don't ask...

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I dono... I'm behind on posting sample pics, but I kinda like the SFX effect because it's more subtle and the film's cheaper than the alternatives and otherwise very well-behaved.

If you want a Konica replacement, it's probably Efke IR820c, although even that's not exactly like Konica 750. But it's a fine-grained film with loads of IR sensitivity.

My personal fantasy would be a T-grain/Delta-grain/Sigma grained IR film. That would be fun. Not going to happen, but fun to dream about.

Oh, and Freestyle shipped my SFX 120 format film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin