Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,029   Online: 904

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are these the comments Simon R Galley suggested he was compiling from Harman's Marketing Director?

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yea Team!!
    ... Hmmm..., f5.13 @ 1/23 should do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great news and definitely encouraging!
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    God, that was the most positive thing about film I've read in years!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yep great news.
    As Harris says a pitty it was not wider circulated amonst the general public.

regards Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    Yep great news.
    As Harris says a pitty it was not wider circulated amonst the general public.

regards Paul.
    Just post it on other forums. Do your bit of viral marketing

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For me, it's déja-vu all over again.
    Back in the early 1990's, when everyone and their cousin got rid of their vinyl collections for the "superiority" of CD sound :rolleyes:, I could buy records at rock bottom prices, I mean, .50$ for a first edition of Gary Numan's Pleasure Principle. Hard to beat, and impossible to find at that price today.

People looked at me like I was a dinosaur, one who refuses the "advancement" of technology. I was even snobbed for thinking that vinyl was far superior to digital. Like the Public Enemy song: "Don't believe the hype!" Thrust your own jugment for what is good for you.

Well, vinyl is still with us, not everywhere, but available for those who seek the warmth of the sound. It's a niche market now and collector spend a good amount of $$$ for limited editiions.

The same phenomenon is happening with analog photography. You can buy photo equipment for next to nothing now, but this period won't last. The prices will go up in a few years time and we will see the emergence of new cameras, dedicated to a specialized market. It's already happening.

There's a future for all those Ilfords of this world that listen and caters to their customers.

Marc

Shooter
    35mm
    Marc I think you're absolutely right. Cameras like late Nikons & many others can be obtained incredibly cheaply compared to what they cost 2 or 3 years ago. And Zeiss have just introduced a new line of manual focus lenses to fit them. Just wish I could afford one - will have to start saving.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    Marc I think you're absolutely right. Cameras like late Nikons & many others can be obtained incredibly cheaply compared to what they cost 2 or 3 years ago. And Zeiss have just introduced a new line of manual focus lenses to fit them. Just wish I could afford one - will have to start saving.
    Yup, those cameras are marvelous.
    But first, must pay the student loan :rolleyes:
    Good news is, if I restrain myself, this will be done before the end of the year

Marc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin