Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,800   Online: 766

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ektalure G?

Shooter
    35mm

Ektalure G Paper

Do you still have some 11 x 14 sheets? If you do, I would like to buy 25 or 50 sheets. I am new at this, so what do you mean by PM? Thanks, Norma Jean

Quote Originally Posted by maxbloom View Post
    Alright, so here's my situation. I've never printed on the stuff but heard very good things about it. I've been given the opportunity to purchase a huge amount of the stuff...in the thousands of sheets...in sizes 8x10, 11x14, and 16x20...at below cost. It is from, AFAIK, what was the last batch of the stuff to be shipped, circa the end of 2000. It's been well kept. So my question is, should I stockpile it?

Now I know there are a couple generic answers out there. One being, try it, and stock up if I really like it. Another being, don't waste your time with old papers, there are great ones out now...ad nauseum.

So if anyone has any strong opinions on this, or wants some of the paper, I'd appreciate any responses.

Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    About 6 months too late there, I suspect. Don't know how I missed it when it was current. Ektalure is nice stuff.

PM means private message

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear gang,

I've contacted all of you individually I hope. I'm sorry to report that the 16x20 and 11x14 are gone. For anyone who's interested I still have a fair bit of fog-free 8x10 left. The owner of the store, which is on the verge of going out of business, has politely requested that if I'm going to pass the paper along to others, that I raise the price back up closer to retail, at $35+tax for a 25-sheet pack. USPS shipping within the US and Canada will be cheap. Any takers feel free to respond here of PM me.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

16x20 Ektalure

Hi. I found this thread doing a google search on Ektalure. I have 10 - 50 sheet boxes, still in their individual cardboard packing boxes, that I'd like to sell. They have all been carefully stored since they were purchased when the last shipment went out to all the large camera stores sometime in 2000 and are unfogged. I'd like to get $250 per box, which I know is quite a bit more than what maxbloom was probably selling his for, but what ever supplies are out there are dwindling, and most likely almost completely gone. The person I had these for backed out at the last minute and I'd like to sell them as quickly as possible. I'm offering them here, for a week and a half from today, before they go on ebay, where I'm sure the price will go up from what I've suggested here.

Interested parties should send me a private message instead of filling the thread further. Prefer USPS money orders, or bank transfers to paypal, which charges a LOT for fees.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seeing that you're asking $5 per sheet, you could afford the fees...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Not that it is any issue, I'd just prefer not to pay $80+ just in fees. I'd be more than happy to pay overnight shipping for the persons USPS money order, which would still be quite a bit cheaper than paypal. Also, properly storing all the paper I've had (8,000 + sheets) since 2000 wasn't free nor cheap. I wouldn't be even selling if I didn't need to raise the money quickly. I'll even discount for large orders.

I'm sorry you feel $5 a sheet is too much, but I don't and I know others will not either.

Thanks so much for your interest though.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbloom View Post
    Dear gang,

I've contacted all of you individually I hope. I'm sorry to report that the 16x20 and 11x14 are gone. For anyone who's interested I still have a fair bit of fog-free 8x10 left. The owner of the store, which is on the verge of going out of business, has politely requested that if I'm going to pass the paper along to others, that I raise the price back up closer to retail, at $35+tax for a 25-sheet pack. USPS shipping within the US and Canada will be cheap. Any takers feel free to respond here of PM me.
    Ektalure G was used extensively for hand colored portraits, nothing could beat it, even today. It was contrast adjustable for over 2 grades. I came very close to duplicating the tone with a bromide paper - developer w/glycin then lightly brown toned (to match the "toned" Ektalure). Surprized? I was, because bromide papers are neutral - cold.
    Last edited by panastasia; 01-30-2008 at 01:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jfish View Post
    Not that it is any issue, I'd just prefer not to pay $80+ just in fees. I'd be more than happy to pay overnight shipping for the persons USPS money order, which would still be quite a bit cheaper than paypal. Also, properly storing all the paper I've had (8,000 + sheets) since 2000 wasn't free nor cheap. I wouldn't be even selling if I didn't need to raise the money quickly. I'll even discount for large orders.

I'm sorry you feel $5 a sheet is too much, but I don't and I know others will not either.

Thanks so much for your interest though.
    I agree. $5/sheet is at or below retail value. Have you tested your paper for base fog?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Oh yes. I am still using some of the same emulsions on a weekly basis, and what I'm selling is the last 10 boxes of my stock. Like I said, I don't really want to sell, but I need to raise the funds quickly...far quicker than I can by orders coming in for that size and look. It makes or excellent lith printing, regular printing or a different look by using in film developer. It is an extremely versatile paper and it is a shame it was discontinued.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    Seeing that you're asking $5 per sheet, you could afford the fees...
    You know, I was just looking at some other papers for a project coming up and I just noticed tht Ilford's Warmtone Fiber, in 10 sheet packs, is $4.50 a sheet. Ektalure blows that paper out of the water, so your insinuation that $5 a sheet for a paper that was held in such high regards by so many people is outrageous is outragous in itself. I didn't pick up on it earlier or I might have told you that and also that one doesn't always have to open one's mouth and make a comment...especially when it is so misinformed and somewhat confrontational.

Good thing I didn't pick up on your insinuation earlier, huh?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin