Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,898   Online: 1142

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    sorry i was late i missed this post until today thanks for adding me to your list and your books are helping me no end, once again thanks ,wayne

Shooter
    Medium Format

Clarification on some of the content of my lith materials update

For clarification:
    As stated, the mailing I sent out was primarily intended for readers of the last Lith book, to update the lists in the book. It doesn't include the original lists - only the updates. As this includes some future product plans, it will probably be of interest to others too, regardless of whether they lith print.

I want to add that the information contained is to the best of my knowledge correct at the time of writing, but future plans can, and sometimes do, come unstuck and go astray, as was the case for different reasons with a couple of items in the book - the new Art Classic replacement and the new Rollei plans for example. The future plans for each of these are included in this list and in both cases the information came directly from source, not rumour.

However, I have today received a (rather cross sounding) private email refuting the information I included about the Kentmere-PWT plans. So please note that I was very careful to add a note of caution here and to say that things had reached the stage described to me with reasonable confidence as 'final negotiations' - BUT that nothing is ever final until it is final! Or as I put it 'Its not over until the fat lady sings!'
    It now occurs to me that this phrase may not be known to readers whose first language is not English! I should have thought of this, so let me apologise if any confusion arose. This news came direct from source in the last 2 days and hopes are reasonably high that it will come about - and I am sure many of us will wish it so too.
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim,
    Thanks for the update, things are looking up. I'm now doing a lot of second pass lith with some surprisingly good results from standard papers.

JON BUTLER

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Hi Tim

got all the info from your book on toning and everything worked well.
    Boy that's a relief! ;-)

I really like the look of the tri tone on two dev solarization and am now going to proceed with the production of 30x40 murals using your toning methods for the final look.
    That sounds pretty cool Bob. I look forward to seeing them sometime!

We are hoping to bring you over in 2008 winter, so you can see some real snow and help pay your travel with a Toronto winter workshop. Les Mclean and Bill Schwab are here end of June and we want to start doing 3-4 workshops a year.
    Hope you are well
    Bob
    I saw the thread about these. They look very good. Good chaps too! OK Bob, I'll look forward to it.
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JON@jb-ci View Post
    Tim,
    Thanks for the update, things are looking up. I'm now doing a lot of second pass lith with some surprisingly good results from standard papers.

JON BUTLER
    Why surprising Jon? In some ways its easier than straight lith in fact. At least you get to do it all in the light!
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the up-date Tim, it’s nice to know that the future with respect to material supply is not as bleak as some would have us believe.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tim, thanks so much for the update!

Shooter
    Medium Format

comcast ISP - and other emails bounced

There apears to be an 'issue' between my ISP and comcast and a whole batch of these updates to comcast addresses have been returned to me undelivered.
    I'm sorry about this. I have informed my ISP. Not much else I can do.

Also, a number of others (random addresses) have been returned for a variety of reasons, so maybe some of these email addresses on my mailing list are out of date, wrongly inserted or ?? whatever. All the updates went 2 days ago, so if anyone didn't get theirs and should have, maybe their address is faulty.

I will send again shortly, but only to those on the end of my list, who registered since the first mailing, as a number of you have asked me to and the rest of you don't want it twice I'm sure. So if anyone was expecting to be on the first list but didn't get anything, maybe you should re-register? Just a thought.
    Tim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    many ISP's just delete anything they think is spam without telling anyone about it. Result is intended receiver says I didn't get it and sender says I sent it and neither knows what happened to it.

Your second mail (footnote) was quarantined by my isp but they at least tell me about it and give me the option to release it, which I did.
    Percepts,
    An old dog learning new tricks...

Black and White Landscape Prints

Shooter
    Medium Format

updated update posted on website

Just to let you know that a slightly updated version of the update I sent out recently has now been posted on the WOLP website news archive.
    I know that a few people on the mailing list (comcast subscribers mainly) haven't been able to receive it by email.

I hope to send out more information on the Freestyle lith dev soon.

Tim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin