Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,322   Online: 809

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Lith printing materials update (also of interest to many B&W printers)

I just mentioned this on Pure Silver, in response to a post there, and it occurs to me that it could be of interest here too. Hope that is OK.

I have just finished an update for the lith printing materials (mostly warmtone) list that I published in my last book, as 6 months on there have already been a lot of changes - AND there is quite a bit of breaking news about new products, new labels, and 'Lazarus' (returning from the dead!) products - something fairly new in the silver world and coming about as a reaction to the demise of some big names, like Agfa and Forte. Some of this (Agfa/Fotoimpex) you will know, but some you won't (PWT/Kentmere) as it hasn't been announced before.

This year should see several new products. It's nice to have positive news for the darkroom these days!

This update is too long to post here (4 pages) and was due to go out to my mailing list this morning, but just in case anyone on this list would like a copy and isn't on my list I will hold it up until tomorrow morning (Sunday a.m. UK time) to give anyone time to register on the list if they wish.
    It is quite free of course and registration is simply for information dissemination and your emails are safe.

The list registration is at http://www.worldoflithprinting.com
    (that's not meant to be an advert, that's just where the list happens to be until I get a personal website up!)

I hope this is OK to post here but it will be helpful info.
    Tim
    Last edited by tim rudman; 05-26-2007 at 09:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks so much, Tim. That's fantastic to hear about the new products.
    Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPablo View Post
    Thanks so much, Tim. That's fantastic to hear about the new products.
    My pleasure Paul.
    I had intended to send it out a few weeks ago but I have been waiting for some 'breaking news' so held it back. (Got it yesterday).
    Tim
    Last edited by tim rudman; 05-26-2007 at 12:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great news, looking forward to the update.
    Thanks
    Fintan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sure this time around I'll purchase a copy. Having gotten my toes wet with lith printing, I'm in much need of methods of refinement.
    Thanks for posting, Tim.
    - Thomas

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Wonderful and welcome news indeed. Thanks for doing this.
    All the best
    Victor
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Just signed up
    thanks Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's OK. It's frightening how quickly information on this has changed in 6 months. I guess digital folk are used to this sort of rapid change, but normally we 'darkroomers' aren't!
    Sadly there isn't any central data base for this sort of thing and most people just don't have any way of knowing month by month what paper does what - or even what paper is what!

Hi Bob. Long time no hear. How are things at Elevator? I believe you did well at Silver this year? You certainly were very strong last year!

Hi Fintan. How is Dublin?

Tim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Great news as I am just getting into Lith printing.

Thanks,
    Paul D.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman View Post
    Hi Fintan. How is Dublin?

Tim
    Wet at the moment and people pestering me to know when you are coming back to us

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin