Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,687   Online: 903

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon, I hope you don't regret telling about the plans, even though it didn't work out this time. I am soo happy with fp4+ and pyrocat right now. Now I got curious about Pan F...
    /matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Live long ilford. I do not think you will ever pay off such research, run and investment in iso-25 Delta. Good news you guys reallized the same.

www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    Well, some of us haven't been here as long as the rest of you. I haven't seen it discussed since I joined and whilst I do use the search facility to try and find old threads, I haven't read the entire site... yet!

But, Pan F+ in sheet would certainly appeal to me.
    Personally I find FP4+ a bit too quick for my ancient shutters and hand capped lenses!

Steve
    Steve. I think that there was a comprehensive reply from Simon Galley on why no chance of Pan F in sheet form quite recently. Maybe someone else will help out with the thread title

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    I think it's entirely natural. If there isn't going to be a Delta 25, and the concern is to keep Pan F viable, then it seems all the more desirable to find some way to overcome the problem of putting it onto sheet film, and the research and development needed to do that might (I don't pretend to know) be a fraction of that which was contemplated for Delta 25.

As for 220, I intend to continue asking for it. If you don't like it, shoot me.
    Well, Simon has stated emphatically that it won't happen. Would your prefer to be blindfolded for the firing squad? :rolleyes:
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess what the others told me earlier last year was true, that this film won't come out.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/2...-25-no-go.html

But I was hopeful. Thanks anyway Simon for the update. It would be nice to see Pan F stick around. Funny thing is we can have a Delta 100 and FP4+, and Delta 400 and HP5+, but can't have a Delta 25 and Pan F+. Really shows how small the market is for slow speed film. Its a shame they couldnt make a Delta 25 just for 4x5, since Pan F can not be made in that.

Anyway Kudos to Ilford for even considering making a new 25 speed film.
    Last edited by braxus; 06-08-2007 at 11:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi View Post
    I don't care for FP4 and HP5 at all, but Delta 400 in sheets would be a product that I would buy.
    Completely agree with this! I would love to see Delta 400 in 4x5 sheets...

Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    But, Pan F+ in sheet would certainly appeal to me.
    Personally I find FP4+ a bit too quick for my ancient shutters and hand capped lenses!

Steve
    Why not use neutral density filters? Or if you need that slow of a speed there is always Efke 25, or maybe it's time to upgrade equipment...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    Completely agree with this! I would love to see Delta 400 in 4x5 sheets...
    Next to no one bought it while it was available. When Ilfords local representative for Germany (80 million inhabitants btw) was asked why they stopped to offer Delta 400 in sheets he responded: "Last year we had five people ordering it. Two of them were you and me."

On this background I think its a good decision not to make another 25 ASA film but to save the money for other future developments, eg. updating the current products. I for one would would like the deltas to stand high temperatures and lots of agitation as good as the Kodak films do.

best

Stefan
    Last edited by skahde; 06-10-2007 at 02:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update Simon. As others have said, so long as we have FP4+, HP5+, PAN F, SFX and the Deltas, I'll be happy!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update, Simon. Please continue to put the financial viability of the company and the existing product range first (like you needed telling )!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    Why not use neutral density filters? Or if you need that slow of a speed there is always Efke 25, or maybe it's time to upgrade equipment...

I collect old wood and brass cameras, so upgrading would kinda miss the point!

But yes, maybe I should look at Efke.

It is no big deal either way. To be completely honest, if Ilford had issued Delta 25 in sheet I would have got round to buying one box eventually probably kept it until it was past it's sell by date - and might even have got round to buying a second, one day... There has to be a bit more of a market than people like me to make it viable

As long as they keep doing FP4+ in every size and format they can then we should all be happy...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin