Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,622   Online: 1010

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 110 Film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

110 Film

Well, what do you know? Walgreen's has lots of 110 film around under its own brand. Kudos to them for keeping this format alive!

http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...ump&navCount=0

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    It's strange that they say it is a product of Japan because I understand Fuji have ceased producing their 110 film. Maybe they will still make it for other companies like this. It can't be Konica as they've ceased film production and their last 110 film was actually made for them in Germany by Agfa.

Here in the UK you can still get 110 film by Ferrania & Kodak, though it's rarely stocked in shops.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was under the impression that Walgreens' 110 film was made by Ferrania. I might be misremembering, though, or it might have changed since I last heard about it. When Agfa went under, Walgreens changed from Agfa to Fuji as a supplier of their house-brand 35mm film. It's possible that they didn't change their 110 film supplier, but that whoever updated the Web site (if that's where you're seeing the "product of Japan" claim) got a little over-zealous in their updates.

I've also heard of companies that cut and re-spool film of one format for use in another type of camera. It's conceivable that Walgreens is using such an outfit to respool Fuji film.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    I've also heard of companies that cut and re-spool film of one format for use in another type of camera. It's conceivable that Walgreens is using such an outfit to respool Fuji film.
    Surely that wouldn't work with 110, as it depends on the correct spacing of sprocket holes to cock the shutter on many 110 cameras and also to ensure that the frames fall between pre-exposed frame numbers.

No problem at all getting 110 film in SW England.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i used to buy 110 film by the boatload
    through wal-m't .. it has been a while since
    i checked to see if they still sold it - i think they
    still sell 110 cameras though ...
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Umm, where do you guys get 110 film processed? In the DC area, we couldn't come up with anyone that still processed it, including sending it to Kodak.

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi isaacc

i ship mine out through sams club/walmart.
    it goes directly to fuji and is returned within a few
    days. usually costs me $1.79

--john
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacc7 View Post
    Umm, where do you guys get 110 film processed?
    Walgreens - takes about two weeks. I think they send it to Kodak. About $12 for two sets of 4x6 prints.

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    It's strange that they say it is a product of Japan because I understand Fuji have ceased producing their 110 film.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. The last time I bought 110 film at Walgreens, it was all Kodak Gold 400. I haven't bought online, but I'm down to my last 6 rolls, so I may restock and see what happens.

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Walgreens - takes about two weeks. I think they send it to Kodak. About $12 for two sets of 4x6 prints.

Regards, Art.
    "Kodak" no longer develops or prints from 110 film. I put it in quotes since God only knows who is actually doing the processing. We had a real problem since we stocked the film but didn't have any idea who would processes it... Glad to know there are still some options.

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin