Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,513   Posts: 1,543,578   Online: 1093

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If that is the one in the US, it was sold for scrap nearly a year ago, before even being started. I had pictures sent to me by someone who saw it and thought I might want to see the pictures. It was a very nice plant.

PE,

Sorry, if my introductory line was ambiguous,

The quotation refers to the Mortsel plant!

Erecting a new colour emulsioning facility in these days of production volume decline in order to be able to continue colour coating is great news to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa built and was testing a new facility in the US just as it went bankrupt. It was sold for scrap at an auction about 1 - 2 years ago. I was sent photos from the auction site, but no longer have them. The site is now offline.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Well, sometimes one gets information on nearby places from overseas… This is not from Mortsel but from Agfa New Jersey, dated (sorry for the delay) end 2006/early2007:

[Agfa has a]… newly constructed, state-of-the art, color emulsion manufacturing facility, built for the continued production of color aerial films and color cinematography films. Completed a year ahead of schedule, the facility is now in active production, and all aerial product production is now being handled at the Belgium factory, including color and black & white aerial film, as well as copy films.
    Well, there is still a large Agfa site (though I don't think it's for film production) in Ridgefield Park, NJ. In fact, it's quite visible from the NJ Turnpike. In years past, however, the site did support some of their USA silver-based imaging product support folks.

I think, however, that this particular facility is currently supporting some of Agfa-Gevaert Group's medical imaging product lines. I haven't paid much attention to it since the summer of 2005, for obvious reasons, so maybe that's changed.
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

The sight in Ridgefield park is where the graphics division is held. Probably the medical division as well but that's only a guess. I have been in that building several times it's quite nice. I interviewed there about 12 years ago. It was very nice and tons and tons of graphic toys to play with.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agfa lost court case

Agfa (that is Agfa-Gevaert N.V. in Mortsel, Flanders) lost their case at the International Chamber of Commerce in their licensing (branding) issue with AgfaPhoto.

When Agfa sold their Consumer Imaging branch, which practically means their German branch, to an investors group, they included some licences. To a statement of Agfa, they did so in order to assist the new business. However when this business went down (see above) they cancelled that agreement, as to their belief the base for that agreement was lost. AgfaPhoto, however started to give branding licenses to third parties.
    To understand this one should know that AgfaPhoto GmbH, the production company in receivership, is practically nonexistent anymore. (A few managers in an empty building keeping care of bills.) But there still is the AgfaPhoto Holding GmbH, the transaction partner of Agfa.

The outcome of that case means that, as before, there will be products with the Agfa brand produced in Mortsel, or by others under the Agfa license, as well as products from companies given a branding licence by AgfaPhoto, branded as `AgfaPhoto´.

That legal case seems to have dealt with that branding issue only; I don’t know about those technical licenses.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agfa goes into `Traffic and surveillance´again

Agfa just announced that having produced such films for other parties, they will now market them themselves. Though being somewhat cryptic again, they seem to like it, I read their statement that they just released their maskless ISO 400 colour aero film as well as their ISO 400 750nm BW aero film as 35mm stock.

Nothing to get mad about as these films had been already around under the Rollei brand in 35mm. Though the colour one seems to have been cancelled meanwhile by Maco.

(Keep in mind that Maco is supplying that `traffic and surveillance´ market under the Maco brand too.)

Interesting is however that Agfa referred to a growing use of analogue speeding cameras.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    AgX,

Good and well researched article!

For your information : Agfa-Gevaert has 3 plants in China :
    1. Agfa Wuxi Imaging Co
    2. Agfa Wuxi Printing Plate Co
    3. Shanghai Agfa Imaging Products Co

Jacques

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin